Netflix snuck a new classic out: Squid Game

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Dude in the gray suit making a cameo is actually one of the most famous actors in South Korea lol. (Gong Yoo)

Same for Front Man. (If you don't recognize him, I feel bad for you son.)
:myman:
fullsizephoto719196-750x400.jpg

If y'all liked this definitely check out Battle Royale, it should still be on Netflix (Skip 2 however, it's absolute trash).

I hate asking, but is there a dubbed version of Battle Royale out there. My cousin hates reading subtitles no matter how dope I tell him the movie is. :snoop:

Bickin Back Being Bool

The Devil My Opp
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto, Kanada
I’d almost rather have next season be about previous games or maybe set in an entirely different country than continue this storyline

i wanna see more games not see this deadbeat take the whole operation down :unimpressed:

I want to see how the front man won and became part of the whole thing

Daps
Great series that materialized out of nowhere. No complaints about the ending. The protagonist was mentally and spiritually defeated. He lost everyone he'd built a lifelong relationship with and had a life or death duel with his childhood friend. You can't witness hundreds of deaths in a short period of time without severe PTSD.

Legitimately something like this could be going on in North Korea and no one would ever know it. Ali got finessed harder than anything I've ever seen, sheesh.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
This wouldn't have been half as good without Lee Jung-jae (the dude who played the protagonist); he carried something that was lightweight and gave it a pulse. The social and class stratification wouldn't have hit as hard without his acting. As mentioned above, there's been many attempts at this gameplay/kill-to-survive sub-genre, but nothing comes close to Battle Royale.
Didnt realize it was dude from one of my favorite Korean films. :wow:
p9839294_p_v10_ae.jpg

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This dude is such a terrible fukking father (and son) :snoop:

Honestly wanted him to die since the first episode :snoop:

Yeah, Father was selfish as fukk when his mother gave him money so he can buy chicken and birthday gift for his daughter but instead spend the money on gamble...not only that he forgot his daughter's birthday when his mom had to remind him.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Marvel is damn near batting a 1000 on castings. However, if they went with an Asian Namor then dude who plays The Frontman would have been perfect.
dubbed version just :hhh:.
Battle Royale 2's dub is one of the worst I've ever heard. lol