Netflix got another one: Stranger Things starring Winona Ryder

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Nobody else noticed how similar some of the plot is to Akira? Show was great but the premise isn't too much different. There was also a movie that came out in the 2000s called The Forgotten that basically has the same plot. Show was great tho.
it was similar in that there was an uber powerful young character who used psychokinesis powers. the duffer bros were definitely inspired and influenced by akira. They fused so many different influences and inspirations together into one clusterfukk of awesomeness.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
just finished this and
james-brown-crying-o.gif
, my only real negative was i thought that I didn't really care all that much for steve and nancy's relationship all that much.

Did anyone else get a Alien/Aliens vibe when the found Will hooked up to the wall like that?

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
Man this show was great and very lowkey too.

This show felt like a perfect blend of ET, akira and a little Alien towards the end. I'm surprised that Jonathan didn't end up with ol girl.

I like how no one gave a shyt about Barbra except for nancy even the mother was like ":ohhh: she missing I thought she was with you :yeshrug:":pachaha:

I also like how everyone got their lick in even lucas in that bytch:bustback: even tho it didn't do shyt.

So how do y'all feel like they should tackle the next season if there is one. Continue the same story or true detective it. I personally would like a new story and characters with slight references to the previous season maybe a few cameos would make things fresh.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Man this show was great and very lowkey too.

This show felt like a perfect blend of ET, akira and a little Alien towards the end. I'm surprised that Jonathan didn't end up with ol girl.

I like how no one gave a shyt about Barbra except for nancy even the mother was like ":ohhh: she missing I thought she was with you :yeshrug:":pachaha:

I also like how everyone got their lick in even lucas in that bytch:bustback: even tho it didn't do shyt.

So how do y'all feel like they should tackle the next season if there is one. Continue the same story or true detective it. I personally would like a new story and characters with slight references to the previous season maybe a few cameos would make things fresh.
New characters, more answers. I hope they keep Hopper around though

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Has any show/film ever been more in love with a particular editing technique than this show and match cuts? There are like 10 per episode :dead:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Incredible

Who ever was playing the synthesizers and keyboards on this shyt deserves a firm handshake and a hug .

shyt was putting me into the zone , with each new discovery and puzzle pieced together:

Keyboard: du di di du dum da da , du di di du dum da.

shyt was lit .

Also shot out to my nikka hopper the Gawd. nikka went from "Monday's are for COFFE AND CONTEMPLATION" to devolping batman level detective skills

What a show, what an experience

10/10

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
Incredible

Who ever was playing the synthesizers and keyboards on this shyt deserves a firm handshake and a hug .

shyt was putting me into the zone , with each new discovery and puzzle pieced together:

Keyboard: du di di du dum da da , du di di du dum da.

shyt was lit .

Also shot out to my nikka hopper the Gawd. nikka went from "Monday's are for COFFE AND CONTEMPLATION" to devolping batman level detective skills

What a show, what an experience

10/10

This :wow:

I gotta go into more shows not expecting much cuz this shyt had me captivated the whole time.

The whole 80s vine has me nostalgic as fukk I loved all them movies from that era. The ending had me in my feelings I was happy as fukk they got that boy back shyt was like a kick in the balls when they thought they found the body. I wish it was longer shyt felt quick as hell episode 5 on, just surprising great storytelling.[spoiler/]

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just finished today and thought the series was great :whew:. Easily one of my favorite shows that Netflix has produced.

I'm not even an 80s baby, but seeing all the references with the big walkie talkies to the hairstyles and clothes were :skip:

Great casting, especially with the kids. They actually looked liked kids and gave really good performances. Eleven in particular did some great work with just reacting to her environment with her face and expressions. Damn you evil Ted Danson for treating her like that :to:

Salute to Will's mom for keeping the faith:salute:. Mike's parents on the other hand were :heh:

Also think the length and editing was great, I watched like 5 episodes in a row and they seemed to fly by. 8 episodes was perfect for me and I'm glad they didn't try to drag the story out for longer than needed.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Just finished today and thought the series was great :whew:. Easily one of my favorite shows that Netflix has produced.

I'm not even an 80s baby, but seeing all the references with the big walkie talkies to the hairstyles and clothes were :skip:

Great casting, especially with the kids. They actually looked liked kids and gave really good performances. Eleven in particular did some great work with just reacting to her environment with her face and expressions. Damn you evil Ted Danson for treating her like that :to:

Salute to Will's mom for keeping the faith:salute:. Mike's parents on the other hand were :heh:

Also think the length and editing was great, I watched like 5 episodes in a row and they seemed to fly by. 8 episodes was perfect for me and I'm glad they didn't try to drag the story out for longer than needed.
Yeah it was easier to binge cause to me it felt like more of a really long movie instead of a series. often found myself watching more than one episode, which i rarely do of a drama.

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY

Mikes parents were out to lunch the whole movie had mad heads spending the night and they didn't even realize it.:dead:

Them kids talking loud as hell at night too:mjlol:

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Mikes parents were out to lunch the whole movie had mad heads spending the night and they didn't even realize it.:dead:

Them kids talking loud as hell at night too:mjlol:
That annoys me in shows, when you got people talking in what's supposed to be quietly but then they are talking in voices where another person should obviously be able to hear them. You really telling me when Nancy's mom was right outside the door when Johnathan was in the room, she didn't hear two voices?