Netflix got another one: Stranger Things starring Winona Ryder

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
That annoys me in shows, when you got people talking in what's supposed to be quietly but then they are talking in voices where another person should obviously be able to hear them. You really telling me when Nancy's mom was right outside the door when Johnathan was in the room, she didn't hear two voices?

For real tho:mjlol: :mindblown:

Like when dude came up to bone trying to tell me nobody heard them?:stopitslime:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Just finished today and thought the series was great :whew:. Easily one of my favorite shows that Netflix has produced.

I'm not even an 80s baby, but seeing all the references with the big walkie talkies to the hairstyles and clothes were :skip:

Great casting, especially with the kids. They actually looked liked kids and gave really good performances. Eleven in particular did some great work with just reacting to her environment with her face and expressions. Damn you evil Ted Danson for treating her like that :to:

Salute to Will's mom for keeping the faith:salute:. Mike's parents on the other hand were :heh:

Also think the length and editing was great, I watched like 5 episodes in a row and they seemed to fly by. 8 episodes was perfect for me and I'm glad they didn't try to drag the story out for longer than needed.

Lmao

Yeah that nikka was mad weird

"Poppa is here my sweet eleven, poppa has come to take you home my dear"

I didn't know that MK ultra shyt was a real thing , I thought it was some illuminati conspiracy

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Just finished. Can't wait for the next chapter. I'd be ok with an anthology style show...but there are enough unanswered questions and the finale sprinkled enough mystery into the final moments that I REALLY want another adventure with these kids.

I think what makes the show so special is that though it's clearly inspired by other beloved films, it pays homage in so many different ways and to so many different properties that it still feels like it's own thing. It feels like something that was made in the 80s rather than something from today desperate for that feeling.

Milomann

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Great series, took me back to the 80's. Loved it.

1z4he7d.jpg

Last edited:

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
A+ show.

The 80s nostalgia was on point. Trapper Keepers and those folders with athletes! :mjlol::wow::banderas:

Everyone's acting was on point. EVERYONE. Barb, Weird ass Johnathan, Winona, Steve, the bullies, useless ass Mike's dad. The kids deserve extra special props they all were perfect.

I really like how the characters didnt' fall into the basic tropes. The jock wasn't just a jock, the characters didn't make bonehead mistakes like falling over themselves when running away or accidently using the flash on a camera. In the first episode I like how Will
tried to call 911 then ran and got a gun. NO ONE EVER does that in a movie

The cliffhangers at the end of episodes were too much.

Those Duffer Brothers are cooking.

dvdjamm

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California
Netflix’s delightful amalgam of ‘80s film tropes, “Stranger Things,” has picked up something of a cult following since its mid-July release.

Giving Winona Ryder a platform to shine in her performance as young Will Byers’ mother, the show follows a small Indiana town’s attempt to locate the missing Will amid other eerie local happenings. A lively soundtrack of classic rock hits by The Clash, Joy Division and others fleshes out the scene ― and provides a week’s worth of earworms.

This week, the streaming service tweeted the news that fans can look forward to an official soundtrack in the near-ish future.

Like Netflix’s official “Orange Is the New Black” and “House of Cards” soundtracks before it, the album for “Stranger Things” will likely include the series’ synth-tastic theme music ― created by Austin, Texas, electronic group Survive ― and a mix of ‘80s jams.

And in the meantime, we’ll have to settle for a Spotify playlist

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I just finished this today, I loved this show....:blessed:

Lucas is Black Excellence:PantherBless2:

Elle becoming more powerful than anyone in existance:empevil:

The Nerd didnt get the cute girl :francis::mjlol:

Will bringing back parasites in his body???:scust: