Netflix got another one: Stranger Things starring Winona Ryder

JBone4eva

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Show was piff, binged the shyt out of it. :whew:

I loved Lucas and Dustin's dynamic. I feel like Lucas was a really good kid actor (they were all good) I feel like he'll be a good actor one day.
Was that a pseudo dashiki Winona Ryder was wearing at the end of the last episode?? :ohhh::ohhh:

Last edited:

Jermio

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm bugging out right now, friends.

:mindblown::mindblown::mindblown:

I started watching earlier this week and then started getting texts and seeing facebook posts from all these kids I grew up with.

The guys that created this show, wrote it, directed it, etc, are two twin brothers that I grew up with. Matt and Ross Duffer. They've been making movies since 3rd or 4th grade, and they were always using camcorders and doing little homemade movies for as long as I can remember.

After we graduated high school in 2003 I fell out of touch with them, but I knew they were so passionate about wanting to be directors, I was always surprised they never made it...

I guess they finally did.

Durham, NC, represent! We have some talent down here in the south.

:banderas:

Holy shyt! Which high school y'all go to? Jordan?

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
I'm bugging out right now, friends.

:mindblown::mindblown::mindblown:

I started watching earlier this week and then started getting texts and seeing facebook posts from all these kids I grew up with.

The guys that created this show, wrote it, directed it, etc, are two twin brothers that I grew up with. Matt and Ross Duffer. They've been making movies since 3rd or 4th grade, and they were always using camcorders and doing little homemade movies for as long as I can remember.

After we graduated high school in 2003 I fell out of touch with them, but I knew they were so passionate about wanting to be directors, I was always surprised they never made it...

I guess they finally did.

Durham, NC, represent! We have some talent down here in the south.

:banderas:
NC!
Damn this shyt that good. Might need to get on it.

word

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
@TheDarceKnight you coulda been Hopper :wow:
She's starting to turn into a cult fan favorite on the low tho:mjcry:

nikkas need to put her on a milk carton that would be the next wave
Just finished this. I was really impressed by how good the kids were. Eleven coming back next season to fight Will when he transforms :banderas:

:pachaha:at how nobody gave a shyt about Barb but Nancy, Barb's mom wasn't shyt. "Oh I thought she was with you:ld:"
fight Will :usure:
Will is apart of the initiated :blessed:
:francis: Ayo...dis shyt is fukkin CRACK, nikka. :damn:

And I'm gettin all kinds of dope nostalgia like feels from alladat Sci Fi/fantasy piff(film,tv, books) I grew up entertained by from da 80s/90s.

We got one right chea, brehs. :wow:
:ehh:
Man, dat lil young brotha really be actin like a str8 bish. :stopitslime:

*edit* Hol up, looks like mah mans bout to be on some Rambo shyt :dame:
:ufdup: Lucas wasn't on no funny sht from the jump he acted the most rational out of all the kids, he got them classic non verbal gestures and faces too. All the kids acted really well.

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
lucas was the only one making sense for most of the show.

he was 100% down to go find will.. he just didn't trust eleven at all.. then he decided to go at it alone. there was zero bytch in him :manny:

when mike is like "she's one of us! :skip:"

and lucas blows up "NO THE fukk SHE IS NOT :what:" (paraphrased)

lucas was just looking out for him and his friends first. and mike was smitten with the first girl that paid him any attention.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Lucas = Black Excellence

And y'all know I'm usually critical of how Cacywood be doing us.

But here, Lucas was actually the smartest, most rational kid. Mike fukked around and got sprung after two seconds, Lucas tried to talk some sense into him but Mike was a young simp. Before El broke their fight up, Lucas was on top of Mike about to pummel his ass. Lucas was also the only one that showed some independence from the group by going on a straight up Private Reconnaissance Black Excellence Mission.

Lucas >>> Finn >>>>>> Blue Ranger

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lucas = Black Excellence

And y'all know I'm usually critical of how Cacywood be doing us.

But here, Lucas was actually the smartest, most rational kid. Mike fukked around and got sprung after two seconds, Lucas tried to talk some sense into him but Mike was a young simp. Before El broke their fight up, Lucas was on top of Mike about to pummel his ass. Lucas was also the only one that showed some independence from the group by going on a straight up Private Reconnaissance Black Excellence Mission.

Lucas >>> Finn >>>>>> Blue Ranger

Now that I think about it Lucas wasn't jealous of Mike and Eleven's relationship. He was just 100% down to get Will back and when Eleven compromised that he had to hit Mike with that G check. You saw how he picked up on her using her powers to throw off the compass? Plus he peeped her wiping blood from her nose and pulled her arm to show them her sleeve :whew:. Son had natural leadership intangibles. Him suiting up like Batman was my favorite scene. He went on a recon mission for dolo and hustled back to warn Mike despite their beef:blessed:. He stood tall with that sling shot and had the crew cheering him on in the 4th quarter with the game on the line. "Coach we want Lucas to take the last shot":wow:

One of the main reasons I want the kids back is to see Lucas again. It's rare to see a black character portrayed so well. Respect to the Duffer Bros for that:salute:

Lucas is the realest on screen since T'Challa. Is it too late to get him cast in Black Panther?:lupe:

He was everything Finn was supposed to be:mjcry:

I went to reddit after I finished the show. I only saw one topic on Lucas. It was, "Why is the black kid so angry?":beli: