Neil deGrasse Tyson responds to Terrance Howard

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Man, TH has not empirically proven a single one of his ideas/theories. It’s just talk with a lot of scientific buzz words and hodge-podge ideas. Additionally, It’s up to TH to actually PROVE the things he’s saying. “I created a new method of flight.” Okay, where is it? That’s something that should be easily generalizable and reproducible. Yet, we don’t have a scintilla of proof. There’s an old adage, “great claims require great proof.” It’s also difficult to disprove something that hasn’t been proven. Richard Dawkins has the famous example about how do you know there isn’t a spaghetti monster in the woods? Can you disprove there isn’t?

There have been plenty other videos that have systemically broken down how TH is wrong. I didn’t get the feeling NDT was going to go through all 36 pages of feedback. I’m pretty sure he had critical feedback for all of TH’s positions.

On another note, TH would never make it as an academic. That feedback from NDT was light. The academy is a humiliation ritual for EVERYONE. No one is going to hold your hand and tell you patently false things are true. There’s not a single manuscript you can submit, no matter who you are, where everyone will be like, “Oh my god, this is perfect.” There will always be criticisms, limitations, in even great works. And TH has not produced one single peer reviewed work.

If he had legitimately gone through the steps of really studying the things he’s attempting to build upon via graduate school and such, he would see that NDT wasn’t even being mean to him. THIS IS THE PROCESS FOR EVERYONE. He would also understand that he’s not being invited to speak at Oxford because they find him brilliant, but because he has a name and they’re essentially using him as an academic court jester.

TH is indicative of the epoch we are in where people espouse views on things they have a cursory understanding of at best, but speak about it with irrational confidence and conviction. It’s evident in pretty much all discourse on any matter now. Dude talking about he was going to destroy the world with his newfound knowledge and shyt :mjlol:. This man clearly has mental health issues, but instead of recognizing that—we have some people talking like TH is some misunderstood genius.

shyt is weird.

Last edited:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Whats with black people going on Rogan and talking crazy shyt?

When Katt was on I was expecting to talk comedy and hollywood and shyt and Katt starts talking about Aliens and other dimensions and sci fi Egypt.

With Howard I was expecting them to talk about the Marvel fukkery, his career etc and he goes on to have the craziest podcast I have ever heard.

giphy.gif

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Neil represents the establishment that wants to root itself in what it thinks it already knows through its own discoveries. He's a front man comedian type the global oligarchs like to hire to push an agenda. He was pushing vaccines and COVID during that time and lost credibility participating in debates.

They are scared of anything they cant control the narrative, no need to rebut Terrance and his own theories.

This is a mental illness signifier that is destroying a lot of people's minds right now. We've reached a point where people who don't know anything about a subject will automatically gravitate to anyone who they deem to be out of the "mainstream" or subversive, while casting all opposition as "establishment" forces bent on hiding the truth. If expertise is dead, then there are no experts: all the academic work experts do to master a subject can be dismissed by anyone who simply says they disagree. That's BAD for society, it's bad for thought, and it's bad for your personal mental health.

Tyson's video is about as simple and straight forward as it could possibly be, to explain to normal (non-expert) people why Howard is so off the mark. He goes through the most basic of ways to prove MULTIPLE errors with facts, and instead of reacting to that we have people claiming this is now a grand conspiracy or claiming ALL the claims weren't debunked so Tyson is wrong. Again...mental illness. I guess it makes sense that people who didn't pay attention to math in school and say math doesn't apply to adult life would naturally come to the conclusion that Howard being so wrong about math has no bearing on the rest of his theories. Despite the fact that mathematics are literally the backbone of science lol. And I guess it makes sense that people who casually consume all types of bad "content" or information alongside normal/good information don't care about the distinction. But in science if your ideas are riddled with errors it kills your thesis. That shouldn't be hard to understand...

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
He would also understand that he’s not being invited to speak at Oxford because they find him brilliant, but because he has a name and they’re essentially using him as an academic court jester.
The same could be said of Neil deGrasse Tyson's appearances on Rogan.

That never sat right with me, btw. How yall shaming people for even watching Rogan but all tuning in for NGT's appearances? Make it make sense. I just don't watch him at all, regardless of who's on. Yall are very waffley with this 'code.'

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

That never sat right with me, btw. How yall shaming people for even watching Rogan but all tuning in for NGT's appearances? Make it make sense. I just don't watch him at all, regardless of who's on. Yall are very waffley with this 'code.'

I don’t watch Rogan. I’ve seen clips of Howard’s interview because it went viral. The stuff with Rogan and NGT appears to be a different dynamic. From what I’ve gleaned, NGT fell out of favor with Rogan and his fan base because he would push back on a lot of his pseudo science bullshyt when he appeared on there.

For example, I just looked up “NGT corrects Rogan,” and there’s all kinds of clips.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I don’t watch Rogan. I’ve seen clips of Howard’s interview because it went viral. The stuff with Rogan and NGT appears to be a different dynamic. From what I’ve gleaned, NGT fell out of favor with Rogan and his fan base because he would push back on a lot of his pseudo science bullshyt when he appeared on there.

For example, I just looked up “NGT corrects Rogan,” and there’s all kinds of clips.
I appreciate the clips but no views means no views. Yall too easily coerced.

When's the last time NGT put out a paper? I'm trynna see something. :lupe:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

I don't shame people for watching Rogan, I just think many/most of them are stupid. I watched some of his videos during the quarantine/pandemic. To me he's the epicenter of the mental illness on display from large percentages of people today when it comes to critical thinking. Do I think Tyson was wrong to go on his show? No, because it's such a large disinformation farm that surely you'd want an expert to go on there to combat that in an approachable way that regular people can understand.

A lot of scientists go on Rogan's show and in nearly every interview he confronts them about aliens. I used to be confused about his obsession with the topic until I realized what's going on. Belief in aliens has taken on an almost religious-level importance for these people because it connects to all their belief sets. Mainly: the system/government/establishment is lying about everything, they are hiding the truth from us, everyone is in on it, the truth is right in front of our eyes and simple, etc. Basically, full blown conspiracy brain set to the maximum. And they apply it to everything. So you go from the government is lying about aliens to the moon landing, vaccines, alternative medicine, etc. And sooner or later you land on things like race IQ, or Jews control the world. Like clockwork. Which is why when guests peddle that race IQ "black people are intellectually inferior to white people" shyt on the show Rogan doesn't push back.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I don't shame people for watching Rogan, I just think many/most of them are stupid. I watched some of his videos during the quarantine/pandemic.
:skip: :hula:

I used to be confused about his obsession with the topic until I realized what's going on. Belief in aliens has taken on an almost religious-level importance for these people because it connects to all their belief sets. Mainly: the system/government/establishment is lying about everything, they are hiding the truth from us, everyone is in on it, the truth is right in front of our eyes and simple, etc. Basically, full blown conspiracy brain set to the maximum. And they apply it to everything. So you go from the government is lying about aliens to the moon landing, vaccines, alternative medicine, etc. And sooner or later you land on things like race IQ, or Jews control the world. Like clockwork. Which is why when guests peddle that race IQ "black people are intellectually inferior to white people" shyt on the show Rogan doesn't push back.
You left out the most important part: they think they're descended from them and that we're descended from terrestrial animals.

See, and I didn't even have to give him clicks. :skip:

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I appreciate the clips but no views means no views. Yall too easily coerced.

When's the last time NGT put out a paper? I'm trynna see something. :lupe:

NGT is an elder scholar. He’s not going to be actively publishing at this point in his academic career. Most scholarship is done by academics early in their career when they’re trying to secure a job, gain tenure and make a name for themselves. There are some exceptions, though. However, I get the feeling you know this already. Whereas TH has never published anything and the safe wager is that he never will.

However, to answer your question it looks like 2012 was the last time he published. Ironically, that’s around the same time TH was inventing a new mode of flight, which only he knows about, utilizing isotropic solids and the curvature of electromagnetism :yeshrug:.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
NGT is an elder scholar. He’s not going to be actively publishing at this point in his academic career. Most scholarship is done by academics early in their career when they’re trying to secure a job, gain tenure and make a name for themselves. There are some exceptions, though. However, I get the feeling you know this already. Whereas TH has never published anything and the safe wager is that he never will.

However, to answer your question it looks like 2012 was the last time he published. Ironically, that’s around the same time TH was inventing a new mode of flight, which only he knows about, utilizing isotropic solids and the curvature of electromagnetism :yeshrug:.
I asked because I question his motives. There are MANY idiots, all over this here internet, talking some crazy shyt. I question the visuals of one bm calling another, essentially, an idiot for the amusement of the wider world. But I looked at his wiki and I think I get it.

In an undated interview at Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Tyson talked about being black and one of the most visible and well-known scientists in the world. He told a story about being interviewed about a plasma burst from the sun on a local Fox affiliate in 1989. "I'd never before in my life seen an interview with a black person on television for expertise that had nothing to do with being black. And at that point, I realized that one of the last stereotypes that prevailed among people who carry stereotypes is that, sort of, black people are somehow dumb. I wondered, maybe... that's a way to undermine this sort of, this stereotype that prevailed about who's smart and who's dumb. I said to myself, 'I just have to be visible, or others like me, in that situation.' That would have a greater force on society than anything else I could imagine."[73][74]

So, basically, TH's... hypotheses upset him in a very personal way. His peers were laughing at the ignorance of a bm and he had to defend himself, to prove to wp that ALL bm ain't that stupid.

Not for nothing, this is the vibe I got off it, nice to get some confirmation.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
:skip: :hula:

You left out the most important part: they think they're descended from them and that we're descended from terrestrial animals.

See, and I didn't even have to give him clicks. :skip:

I just watched a few episodes in 2020/2021 to see why he was so popular. It's not something I regularly watch, that shyt is brain poison lol.

Honestly his views on race/aliens are worse than that. He doesn't believe aliens birthed white people, but he believes every (black and brown) ancient civilization was built by aliens. Either directly or via influence. So the Egyptians built the pyramids with alien help, Atlantis was real, multiple highly advanced civilizations existed before the world was reset by global catastrophes, etc. And all the progress black and brown (African, Mexican, Arab, Inca/Native American, etc) people made while white people were hiding in caves came from aliens.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whether purposely or subconsciously, Rogan's entire purpose on the show is to feed the ego of his guests so that his guests come back and everyone else feels safe going to him. The Joe Rogan show is the show where you can express any idea, no matter how stupid or how foul, and the host will treat you like an insightful genius as you say it.

TH: 1x1 =2

Hoe Rogan: Whoaaaa