Neil deGrasse Tyson responds to Terrance Howard

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
giphy.webp

Neil put the beats on that boy.....Look at that diagram. Terrence reached the peak of Mt. Stupid and never progressed any further. :russ:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
:mjlol:I watched the entire video. Neil never once stated that Terrence wasn't intelligent, just that he may be misguided in SOME of his ideas. Once again, Tyson, along with everyone else, attacked Terrence's mathematical theories.

:mjlol:Neil never once questioned or made any attempt to debunk anything Terrence Howard stated concerning energy, which was the main thing Terrence spoke about on the Rogan podcast. Something 99% of the detractors fail to acknowledge, because in doing so, they would have to concede that Terrence Howard knows what he's talking about. Tyson even alluded that the smartest people can be wrong about some things but right about others.

:mjlol:Also, I never once stated that Terrence Howard is a genius; only that he IS an intelligent and coherent man, and I simply asked his detractors to point to an objective truth that proves he's insane. To this day, I've yet to see an answer.
Exactly

Obviously, Terrence is on to something or else he wouldn’t be at colleges doing lectures and shyt imo.

He also was invited to lecture at a school where he presented his ideas to a panel of other doctors and scientists… and they were receptive to it.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
The Coli is the perfect example of the dunning kruger effect in motion
This.
I have fallen victim to "purity tests" when it comes to Neil.

He's sharp. I wish he was a little more.. cool? humble? something about him seems corny.

But he is sharp. Instead of wanting him to be cooler or more humble, I need to accept him.

That said. I am loving this take down of Terryology.
Smart people are not normally cool and idgaf if he’s humble if he is speaking facts
Science and intellect is cool, I have no clue what nikkas talkin bout lol.

Rappers cosplaying hypermasculinity and violence are deemed “cool”

But an actual Black scientist doing a peer review and breaking it down factually isn’t and needs to “humble himself” for doing what actual scientists do.
We’ll never be free :dead:

Back to the good ole “cool topics” of:

“Should men pay for the first date”
“We not Africans, we’s Indian”
“We the lsraelites”
“Christianity and Islam ain’t colonial imposed religions”
“MAGA is the way brehs”

LOST NIKKAS

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
NDT is a highly qualified and educated individual.

He really doesn't need to be wasting time on such nonsense like what Howard was spouting.
He didn’t say a word for 8 years. This is exactly what he gave him, in private, back then. Terrence not only went public with that info, but painted it in a light to shyt on NDT. And then stood ten toes down on NDT being wrong.

This was justified. And he still did it in a calm, polite and purely scientific way.

AngryBaby

All Star
Daps
Please god never let these two be in the same room together again. I can see Neil easily destroying him intellectually and Terrence jumping on the table biting Neil’s face off on some crazy shyt:heh:
It's basically why Joe and his white audience don't like Neil anymore lol after having him on for a decade

AngryBaby

All Star
Daps
He was lying. The patent was never approved at any point, it was rejected almost immediately after it was submitted. The patent was rejected because it was completely derivative with no new ideas, not because he was failing to pay fees. Numerous people have already posted the patent application and rejection notice online and you can see that for yourself. You can also read the patent for yourself and see there are no new ideas in technology there at all. It's simply not a very interesting or meaningful piece of work.
What's going on with Rogan though? He's literally not vetting any if this information, and guided Terrance into actually going in depth on ripping on Neil.

People need to notice how shifty Joe has become lately. Joe is the type that would actually actively AVOID watching this response from Neil, in order to preserve his new negative idea of him.

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
Watched the entire video and Tyson was adequate and thoughtful in his responses. One thing I did not see was a dismantling of the other claims concerning symmetry, energy, electromagnetic fields,and his claim concerning the geometric shapes that tell us something about objective reality. I would have liked to have him talk about that more than harping on the square root part and then in broad statements son Terrance for being misguided. I agree with his conclusion but he seemed to thread lightly on some of the other claims besides the mathematics.

doublejump

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Watched the entire video and Tyson was adequate and thoughtful in his responses. One thing I did not see was a dismantling of the other claims concerning symmetry, energy, electromagnetic fields,and his claim concerning the geometric shapes that tell us something about objective reality. I would have liked to have him talk about that more than harping on the square root part and then in broad statements son Terrance for being misguided. I agree with his conclusion but he seemed to thread lightly on some of the other claims besides the mathematics.
I could be wrong but I was assuming those subjects either weren't worth his time or that they will tackle them on upcoming Star Talk eps.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
He didn’t say a word for 8 years. This is exactly what he gave him, in private, back then. Terrence not only went public with that info, but painted it in a light to shyt on NDT. And then stood ten toes down on NDT being wrong.

This was justified. And he still did it in a calm, polite and purely scientific way.
Right why do people seem to have a problem with everything? Not only was it necessary it was entertaining and I learned something

And why is TH all of a sudden trying to act like he is this super genius? He must be getting in character for a new role