Neil deGrasse Tyson responds to Terrance Howard

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Someone with Tyson's qualifications and education shouldn't even be responding to this foolery.

Kind of a bad look for NDT in the big picture.

He could've dropped some knowledge without acknowledging Howard's quackery.

Nah. This was basically him having a good laugh and putting Howard in his place without blatantly calling him a fool.

Basically a dignified way of saying “You’re an idiot”.

Like if you don’t understand what southerners mean when they say “bless your heart”, etc.

Howard called him out on Rogan’s podcast so he sonned him on his own platform.

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol:You're not a scientist, and you are feeding into said controversy. And no, it doesn't lose its meaning unless you define the word controversy itself to mean something different from its norm. You can't simply wave something away as non-controversial when all the evidence contradicts that.
Did you really just ignore everything I laid out?

Not even gonna mention the ban bet in your response?

:gucci:

You maga heads are something else.

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
You are not taking it at “face value”

Whole point is it’s repeatable and verifiable science that has been tested by THOUSANDS of people.

If you question it. You test it yourself. Not decide to believe in some random person who has not followed the scientific process themselves:stopitslime:
yeah so did the thousands of nazis that followed too right?

what about the thousands of us citizens attended a nazi rally in NYC? I dont follow the madness of what crowds say, that is a populist theory of sheep i avoid. I am sure it was the "popular" thing to do at the time because the mainstream said it was okay.

I focus inside, not out. they all have an agenda i would like you to point me in the direction of someone who doesn't.

I cant believe the programming these institutions have put on these kids man they literally have zero thoughts of their own.

I used to think the leaders of media, politics, etc were all of great statue and were worthy of their positions and understood how important they are to the benefit of the taxpaying people. That is all the way over, they gave it all up for the dollar so i trust non of them sommabytches.

Last edited:

Savvir

Veteran
Daps

what about the thousands of us citizens attended a nazi rally in NYC? I dont follow the madness of what crowds say, that is a populist theory of sheep i avoid.
Are you really comparing the repeatability and peer review of science with populist politics?

What is the highest level of education you have?

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Are you really comparing the repeatability and peer review of science with populist politics?

What is the highest level of education you have?
Yes, even science has now been politicized ask NIH & CDC how they use "science" to fund elite pet projects like the supposed Vaccine people took.

The entire science community lost its sense of credibility and therefore i mistrust and check everything. Just because you paid to be on TV doesnt mean you know any better than anyone. Actually, you probably paid to get on the TV in the first place so it is highly likely you have an agenda!

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I hope you all learn that hard way like i did not to trust anything if the person selling it to you as truth stands something to gain from it. You wanna follow trends and crowds to your detriment because you have no sense of self thats a young persons mistake

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

what about the thousands of us citizens attended a nazi rally in NYC? I dont follow the madness of what crowds say, that is a populist theory of sheep i avoid. I am sure it was the "popular" thing to do at the time because the mainstream said it was okay.

I focus inside, not out. they all have an agenda i would like you to point me in the direction of someone who doesn't.

I cant believe the programming these institutions have put on these kids man they literally have zero thoughts of their own.

I used to think the leaders of media, politics, etc were all of great statue and were worthy of their positions and understood how important they are to the benefit of the taxpaying people. That is all the way over, they gave it all up for the dollar so i trust non of them sommabytches.
Mentally ill nikkas like this running around working jobs n shyt lol

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Everybody has an agenda, good, bad or indifferent. We all just tend to agree with whatever agenda aligns with ours so it's not seen as one.

And people are free to have thoughts of their own. But if you're thoughts are changeling the current widely accepted thought process then a basis of your thought must be provided to potentially overrule the current one. Otherwise we all could conceive thoughts and make them true. Even T. Howard provided his own sets of reasoning to substantiate his thoughts. How else do you prove what you're saying to be true? The science dude didn't say/ so anything wrong. 🤷🏾‍♂️

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
making waaaay more than u prolly lol but im the dumb 1 cause i dont believe the ish our institutions push
nikka I don't care what u make and this has nothing to do with institutions. U nikkas is mentally ill. Would rather listen to a person who isn't qualified in the slightest than a person who has made it their life's work. Being peer reviewed has nothing to do with anything being "pushed". It's about people being able to replicate ur ideas to legitimize what ur saying. When u say shyt that is very wrong on a basic level. Do wrong math. Citing people and saying they studied things they didn't. Which is getting historical references wrong. Using words in the wrong context. Just all around coming off like a dumb ass lunatic. Someone like NGT STILL gave this nikka the respect enough to treat him like a real scientist. And peer review his shyt. Something that has probably never happened for him in his life. Anybody can just spew some shyt and "sound" smart. But if it's not backed by anything rooted in reality and cant he replicated. It's all moot.

Daps
1. NDT clearly stated he wasn’t going to go over every correction he made and just started with the initial example in the beginning of Terrance’s paper. Trying to claim he is going after “clickbait” is disingenuous as fukk. He is a scientist. He sees inaccuracy and calls it out.

2. When I said there is no controversy I meant in the context of the scientific world. The internet is a whole other can of worms. There’s controversy over whether the earth is flat, birds are real, or if Jamie foxx is a clone. EVERYTHING is a controversy on the internet… so much so that the word itself loses its meaning. So I don’t speak in internet terms about scientific claims.

3. Mexican huh… you down for a ban bet?
:mjgrin:
I just watched the video. NDT was generous enough and has the ability that most don't have to distill a subject down to a level of comprehension for the masses.

The man gave an overarching view of exactly what the scientific endeavour is about. Explained it in as much of a simplified way that you can without needing to be in the field.

Folks in this thread amd the previousn thread want to be on peak smart-dumb nikka time. We have a long ways to go before stamping out disinformation and absolute asinity...... :francis:

Daps
nikka I don't care what u make and this has nothing to do with institutions. U nikkas is mentally ill. Would rather listen to a person who isn't qualified in the slightest than a person who has made it their life's work. Being peer reviewed has nothing to do with anything being "pushed". It's about people being able to replicate ur ideas to legitimize what ur saying. When u say shyt that is very wrong on a basic level. Do wrong math. Citing people and saying they studied things they didn't. Which is getting historical references wrong. Using words in the wrong context. Just all around coming off like a dumb ass lunatic. Someone like NGT STILL gave this nikka the respect enough to treat him like a real scientist. And peer review his shyt. Something that has probably never happened for him in his life. Anybody can just spew some shyt and "sound" smart. But if it's not backed by anything rooted in reality and cant he replicated. It's all moot.
You need to stop getting worked up about this level of idiocy, cause it is clear that fool didn't watch the NGT vid cause everything you said was coherently explained in the video. Or maybe he did, but the level of comprehension is so abysmal... :huhldup:

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
giphy.gif
:mjpls: