NBA To Announcement Details Of In-Season Tournament

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
nah once i read the actual documents that i poster months ago, it made more sense

i see you're still shilling for adam silver and ESPN's terrible TV special months later, take his dikk out your mouf :scust:
Maybe if you were more focused about simple reading comprehension instead of thinking about other men’s genitals your slow ass wouldn’t still be lost on this simple topic months later :mjlol:

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
I'm not a fan of this whole in-season tournament thing, feels kind of pointless since it's regular season games with no extra meaning...yeah yeah yeah the trophy 🏆 and the little extra checks 🧾 but at the end of it's just a regular season game with no meaningful stipulations going for it.

I like a few of the court designs but it doesn't change the fact that this tournament is a waste of time. Adam Silver is just greedy and looking to capitalize off extra TV ratings...unlike the play-in tournament, I don't see this lasting very long.

I wasn't a fan of the play-in tournament either but since making the playoffs is the prize there's a level of suspense added, with this it's nothing, and on opening night Silver couldn't even break it down cause he knows it's bull.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Next season the prize has to be a fa sho playoff spot or or at the least home court advantage throughout

a playoff spot regardless of your final record would be great. was thinking the same shyt.

and not the play-in, but actual playoff spot.

LMAO

TEAMS WOULD HAVE NO INCENTIVE TO PLAY
THE REMAINING 60% OF THE SEASON...

AUTOMATIC PLAY IN BERTH
IS THE MOST THEY CAN DO.
:devil:
:evil:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
:whoa:
Load management would go through the roof for certain teams if they know they clinched a playoff spot in January or December (or whenever the final is)
LMAO

TEAMS WOULD HAVE NO INCENTIVE TO PLAY
THE REMAINING 60% OF THE SEASON...

AUTOMATIC PLAY IN BERTH
IS THE MOST THEY CAN DO.
:devil:
:evil:

then you take a major risk for 80% games played requirement for players to make ALL NBA and get a bigger max bag. You play that load managment game and fukk around and get injured at the end....then you losing out on major bread.

and it's only 1 team too. you mess around bullshyttin finishing as a 7/8 seed and end up in the play-in and/or playing a higher seeded team and get bushed early lookin like bozos.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
That’s a nice incentive imo

If a team like Denver is on track to make the playoffs win the tournament it’s homecourt through out

If a team like the Pistons win the tourney but nowhere near the playoffs it’s a fa sho 8th seed

So in the east that year instead of 7-10 for the play-in it’s 6-9 fighting for the last spot

I think the engagement would be crazy all season

But I doubt it happens

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm not a fan of this whole in-season tournament thing, feels kind of pointless since it's regular season games with no extra meaning...yeah yeah yeah the trophy 🏆 and the little extra checks 🧾 but at the end of it's just a regular season game with no meaningful stipulations going for it.

I like a few of the court designs but it doesn't change the fact that this tournament is a waste of time. Adam Silver is just greedy and looking to capitalize off extra TV ratings...unlike the play-in tournament, I don't see this lasting very long.

I wasn't a fan of the play-in tournament either but since making the playoffs is the prize there's a level of suspense added, with this it's nothing, and on opening night Silver couldn't even break it down cause he knows it's bull.
How is it a waste of time when it's regular season games they're already playing???

Unbothered

Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
a playoff spot regardless of your final record would be great. was thinking the same shyt.

and not the play-in, but the actual playoff spot.
That's a terrible idea.

If the team that wins the tournament is awarded an automatic playoff spot but happens to finish the season 15-20 games below .500 that means a more deserving team who finished with a better record won't qualify for the playoffs since it's only 8 seeds.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That's a terrible idea.

If the team that wins the tournament is awarded an automatic playoff spot but happens to finish the season 15-20 games below .500 that means a more deserving team who finished with a better record won't qualify for the playoffs since it's only 8 seeds.

You want this tourney to have stakes don't you? Give it some stakes that will make even the bum teams wanna play hard. You can still end up with a lottery pick and make the playoffs? Sounds like a win/win? :ld:

Unbothered

Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
How is it a waste of time when it's regular season games they're already playing???
Because the tournament plays no outcome in how the season ends and in particular playoff seeding.

What the NBA should've did was have teams in their respective divisions compete/race for the #1 spot of their division and by season's end reward the #1 team of each division a trophy and cash payment to it's players.

Basically the teams that finish with the best records in their division gets rewarded.

Instead of an in-season tournament just reward division winners.

It would've made more sense and gave the fans and the players something to really “fight” for in the grand scheme.

Last edited:

Unbothered

Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
You want this tourney to have stakes don't you? Give it some stakes that will make even the bum teams wanna play hard. You can still end up with a lottery pick and make the playoffs? Sounds like a win/win? :ld:
But then you'll have a team that finished better missing the playoffs because there will only be 7 seeds left since the in-season tournament winner took one.

Plus that'll just defeat the purpose of the play-in tournament. Unless the NBA expands the playoff seeding from 8 to either 9 or 10 seeds which is a whole nother conversation.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
But then you'll have a team that finished better missing the playoffs because there will only be 7 seeds left since the in-season tournament winner took one.

giphy.gif

Shoulda won the tournament :ld:

edit: Don't forget the play-in :youngsabo:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
My initial feeling when this was announced is the winning team should get better draft compensation. If it's a team that winds up making the playoffs, their pick is converted to a Lottery pick. If it's a team that misses the playoffs, they automatically get top-four odds in the Lottery.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
My initial feeling when this was announced is the winning team should get better draft compensation. If it's a team that winds up making the playoffs, their pick is converted to a Lottery pick. If it's a team that misses the playoffs, they automatically get top-four odds in the Lottery.

Even this is fine. What's the reward?