NBA To Announcement Details Of In-Season Tournament

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Idk why people making it seem like the playin is universally loved now I must've missed that memo :dead:
You could make a good argument the Bucks got fukked over having to play an actual 7 seed instead of a real 8 seed like they should have after having the best record in basketball

I follow laker beat writers. management was seriously considering shutting Bron and AD if they couldn’t make a run at the play in. the lakers at one point was the 2nd worst team in the West. Making the playoffs was almost impossible
They would've made the playoffs even without the playin what are you talking about :mjlol:
There was like 10 teams separated by 3 games or some shyt they weren't really out of the hunt like you're making it out to be

a lottery pick is too much, but it would be rather easy to provide the winning team a pick at the end of the 1st round

that along with the player payouts would be a nice enough reward
Why is a lottery pick too much? If you give it middle of the pack odds it should be fine.
It would be great incentive for teams like the Suns or Wolves who emptied the clip on their first rounders
Last pick of the first round is dookie teams give that shyt away for free on the regular that has barely any value

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The essentials of the tournament (group play element, the regular season games element etc etc) were literally reported on by several people that cover the NBA when it was initially announced..again if nikkas actually cared about basketball you would know that ..the fact that you nikkas are proudly exposing the ignorance because you were too busy crying about “ewwww dis different” over the last several months instead of educating yourself is exactly what the fukk i’m talking about :mjlol:

The “essentials” aren’t the same as them finally explaining it.

You going back & forth with several posters on here trying to act like you’re a basketball genius is :mjlol:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
The “essentials” aren’t the same as them finally explaining it.
Yes the fukk it is ..it’s how I understood what was happening and people like you clearly didn’t :mjlol:
You going back & forth with several posters on here trying to act like you’re a basketball genius is :mjlol:
Ironically and self admittedly you clearly alluded to me knowing more about this than nikkas like you did and that you needed more hand holding to better understand…. :mjlol: who the fukk is prideful about ignorance

number21

Strive for rulership not equality, black man.
Daps
Reppin
North Miami
The incentives for the cup winners should be: Playoffs team winner getting first round homecourt no matter your seeding. Lottery teams winners getting 5% boost to their odds.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Idk why people making it seem like the playin is universally loved now I must've missed that memo :dead:
You could make a good argument the Bucks got fukked over having to play an actual 7 seed instead of a real 8 seed like they should have after having the best record in basketball

They would've made the playoffs even without the playin what are you talking about :mjlol:
There was like 10 teams separated by 3 games or some shyt they weren't really out of the hunt like you're making it out to be

Why is a lottery pick too much? If you give it middle of the pack odds it should be fine.
It would be great incentive for teams like the Suns or Wolves who emptied the clip on their first rounders
Last pick of the first round is dookie teams give that shyt away for free on the regular that has barely any value
LA wouldn’t had a chance if the front office shut them down. They only kept playing was because u could be a 10th seed. Just think of Bron first season in LA. If the play in was a thing in 2019 he would finished the season

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does the NBA regular season coincide with the other global professional basketball leagues?
...To me that's the only way it can gain casual interest

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
Does the NBA regular season coincide with the other global professional basketball leagues?
...To me that's the only way it can gain casual interest

The NBA is the world's most popular basketball league.

When you say casual interest, what are you asking for exactly?

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The incentives for the cup winners should be: Playoffs team winner getting first round homecourt no matter your seeding. Lottery teams winners getting 5% boost to their odds.
Fukk no. Why play 82 games to have shyt determined by this midseason rock n jock bullshyt. Baseball did the same shyt

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
I like how basketball does this overseas. In euroleague, a team from Turkey will play a team from France, etc. Teams that are from different leagues.

This NBA shyt is goofy
yeah that's cause the euroleague is just a copy of the champions league in soccer. how europe does it makes sense for europe. in south america, europe, asia, africa they can have continental champions league because each country has their own professional leagues and this kinda thing is a great way to see which club teams are the best in that federation. also, their league champions are decided by who has the best record at the end of the season. so a playoff type tournament is a great way to have something different. the nba doesn't need different because it already plays a regular season that feeds into a playoffs. the cavs aren't going to play a new team they aren't use to seeing during the nba season in this nba cup. it's foolishness. this would be like in college instead of having a big 12 vs sec challenge or acc vs big 10, they just straight up say hey about how about big 10 schools during the season play each other in the big 10 cup. that way on top of the regular season and the big 10 tournament we get to see who is the best big 10 cup team. come on man. there has to be a possibility of playing non-nba teams or it makes no sense.