NBA To Announcement Details Of In-Season Tournament

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Meh, not a big fan of this. It's the most prestigious basketball league with NBA trophy being the hardest trophy to win.

Giving this secondary prize, as some sort of consolation prize, just slightly cheapens the main championship title.

They seem to be giving out these extra prizes lately. Like the conference playoffs mvp and stuff.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Means alot for the two way players.
Bruh, y’all keep saying this as if 2-way players are getting burn or playing significant minutes. Even with this being at the beginning of the season, ain’t a coach in the league looking down to their 14th/15th hell 12th guy on the bench

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
i been fpr the top 16 making the playoffs.

as far as the tournament.. i like that they tied the reg season into it.. but its really just to drum up more interest and talking points.. but they should count everything.. including the extra game..

besides the monetary gain they should give wining team a guaranteed play in position while still trying to improve there standing.. (was thinking actual playoff spot.. but then too much fukkery can happen).

or.. and i thought about this while typing this response.. let wining team pick there playoff opponent regardless where they land in the playoffs.. rest of east west playoff as usual.

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
Bruh, y’all keep saying this as if 2-way players are getting burn or playing significant minutes. Even with this being at the beginning of the season, ain’t a coach in the league looking down to their 14th/15th hell 12th guy on the bench
Nobody said those dudes were playing. We said the extra money would mean something to them.

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps

as far as the tournament.. i like that they tied the reg season into it.. but its really just to drum up more interest and talking points.. but they should count everything.. including the extra game..

besides the monetary gain they should give wining team a guaranteed play in position while still trying to improve there standing.. (was thinking actual playoff spot.. but then too much fukkery can happen).

or.. and i thought about this while typing this response.. let wining team pick there playoff opponent regardless where they land in the playoffs.. rest of east west playoff as usual.

Or they can just play for the money and trophy. Lol.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
This reminded me of my old sales days.

Dead giveaway when you ask somebody what’s the benefit and they reply with what it does

-What’s the purpose of this tournament?

-It’s like the European soccer tournament

That is not what i asked :beli:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I've said it before, but if a lot of you nikkas ran the league, we would never have had a three point line and players wouldn't be allowed to dunk. Just a bunch of people who never actually come up with ideas but for damn sure will be there to automatically shyt on the ideas other people come up with.

There's literally nothing wrong with this. "Who cares", "this is corny" don't convey anything wrong about the existence of this. The only possible negative that would be slightly legit is the idea of the championship being an extra game where injury would be possible. That is the literal only possible "bad" thing about this tournament.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
This will be dope. Going forward they should invite Euroleague teams

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Nah should be at least guaranteed home court through the playoffs regardless of regular season record if you win it all. Gives some stakes at least.