NBA To Announcement Details Of In-Season Tournament

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
Yeaaaaaaa they gonna have to up the ante for future iterations of the tournaments if thats ALL they’re offering.

They should guarantee each player $1 Million plus a guaranteed playoff spot for the winning team. Maybe something a little extra for whoever gets named tournament MVP (Are they even doing Tournament MVP?)

Maybe some type of salary or trade exception that allows the team to improve their roster.

Or maybe an extra first round pick or something.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
1. That was a Stern idea
2. That was because the 06 Clippers had the 3rd best record in the west and had to play a Denver team who was in reality the 7th or 8th best team.

Hell look at the southeast division this year.
Doesn't matter you have to make division play mean something this keeps up the competition in the regular season . If the division needs reshuffling reshuffle, hell bring back high seeding and give division winners better draft odds, this will make the regular season matter.

The playoffs are too long so I know they will never do this but making the first round best n2 out of 3 would bring excitement back too

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
Great reason to give bench/2 way/10 day players some shine.
you know what else gives bench/2 way/10 day players some shine?

Load management :krs:

The NBA "bytch, I'm Watchin Football" tournament is gonna get talked about endlessly and NBA fans have no one to blame but themselves.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Intriguing to me.

No one who watches the NBA regular season is not gonna watch these games or keep up with this tournament. And if it gets a few more people interested in some random November/December games then it probably did it's purpose. I don't completely understand all the whining other than it being something new and people hate change.
That’s the main problem that a lot of these nikkas have with it ….it requires you to actually watch games as a primary function :mjlol: For a lot of them if it ain’t a new episode of narratives from “undisputed” or “first take” they don’t care about consuming actual basketball

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
It's a pointless idea.

What's the point of winning this In-Season Tournament, when the main goal is the NBA Finals?

Example: Let's say the Pelicans win this In-Season Tournament.

Later on in the season they become a 4th seed in the playoffs, they get swept by the Clippers......Winning that In-Season Tournament becomes useless.
Why are you connecting the in season tournament with the post season to begin with when the results of the two have nothing to do with each other :mjlol:

The in season tournament is the i season tournament the post season is the post season …I didn’t think this would be such a hard concept for layman’s to comprehend lol

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
They need to give more incentives.

Maybe a trade exception or an extra roster spot or something that helps the winner be more competitive for the remainder of the season.
I don’t know why a play on the team playing would want that …trade exceptions and trades in general tend to impact the players on their current team and their status on that team …I don’t think there needs to be any more incentives …they’re regular season games ..the guys that don’t want to play will likely not have their teams advance anyways :yeshrug:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
so if you make it to the final 8 and lose in the first game you getting nothing but an extra loss on your record? and will there be more than 82 games for these teams records? :picard:

they should have made some of this more clear instead of having malika andrews spend 30 seconds dancing with thejabbawockeez what a trash special :mjlol:
This is why this special is needed …clearly nikkas are still lost and confused :mjlol: