NBA Draft prospect Terrence Clarke has died in a car crash. He was 19. (CRASH VIDEO ADDED)

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
damn...wear your seatbelt, ppl. I have a partna who never wears his seatbelt whenever he gets in my passenger side. And I always gotta lecture him...Like bro even if you trust me that much, somebody textin could just slam into us.

most cars have that annoying ass beeping sound when the front two seats are occupied but not buckled up anyway. You rather just listen to that bullshyt instead of putting on something that will potentially save your life
:what:

i’m not saying a seatbelt would’ve saved bro’s life because it looked pretty horrific (~55 to a sudden stop). But maybe he would have a fighting chance

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Dude was done either way :manny:

Easier said than done. The truck clearly had the right of way. Cars on the opposite side were turning as well. He probably thought dude would slow down.
This is wrong, you never have the right away over someone traveling straight when you are making a turn unless a traffic light or stop sign says differently.

Even if he was speeding, the trunk failed to yield, " I thought I had time" is not an excuse.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
This is wrong, you never have the right away over someone traveling straight when you are making a turn unless a traffic light or stop sign says differently.

Even if he was speeding, the trunk failed to yield, " I thought I had time" is not an excuse.
So the dude turning was in the wrong but not the one running the red light?:dwillhuh:

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
So if y’all unfamiliar with driving in LA, let me inform you. There are rarely ever protected left turns here and the traffic is so bad that what ends up happening is an unwritten rule where two or so cars trying to turn left will pull up to the middle of the intersection and when the light is yellow/turning red will then take the left. So a lot of times they are turning on red because they HAVE TO and it’s the only way to keep it moving. Because this is common here you don’t see a lot of folks flagrantly running red lights. Looks like the truck was caught between a rock and a hard place where the light was most likely already red but now they ran the risk of getting t-boned by oncoming traffic. Unfortunate situation :francis:

Truck probably should have swerved right given the speed they were going at, but they also shouldn’t have been running the light and should have been wearing a seatbelt :francis:

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Can't tell if he trolling or possibly Asian :picard:
:mjlol: if he Asian that explains a lot. nikka prolly cut off the whole highway to catch his exit

tenor.gif

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound

The truck was yielding the whole time, waiting for the cars going straight to pass by (2 cars pass him)..he then had an opportunity to turn..and then this guy comes outta nowhere speeding

this is how most people turn at busy intersections

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps

The truck was yielding the whole time, waiting for the cars going straight to pass by (2 cars pass him)..he then had an opportunity to turn..and then this guy comes outta nowhere speeding

this is how most people turn at busy intersections
He’d still be at fault tho. It doesn’t appear like they ran the light. It is 100% the trucks responsibility to yield until traffic is clear whether the person was speeding or not.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps

The light was clearly red. Looks like he ran the light to me. But I'll need to see the police report.

Oldschooler

All Star
Daps
Brehs in here are correct. It's actually a 50/50 fault accident. Any car turning left has to yield and wait until the intersection is clear...yes even if the light turns red. It's actually very tough because you have to train your brain to be patient and not go into panic mode when the light turns red.

RIP to breh...that accident looks survivable in a 2021 $70k+ SUV though...the airbag and seatbelt should have saved his life.