NBA crisis over declining TV ratings and why China is so important: "stagnant since 1998"

Edub

Veteran
Daps
You wanna lock them in BUT also you want to monetize your fanbase. It's early in the streaming game but eventually the NBA has to figure out how to get them to actually pay to watch games. Old people still pay for shyt, young people know how to get shyt for free or very cheap.
Have games also on the Pluto platform and monetize from the advertising

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
The only answer is the average CAC isn't watching basketball. Period. More white people like football for obvious reasons. If a white player came along who was as great as MJ we would be having a totally different conversation.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s a couple of thing that make the NFL more popular.

One thing ppl ignore is fantasy football. Nigguhs live for that shyt. Ppl don’t even know that the nba and mlb have fantasy games but the shyt haut isn’t as fun or entertaining as fantasy football. That fantasy football alone keeps customer tuned into the nfl. That’s the most underrated nfl attraction at the moment.

The other thing is the injuries. When the nba has injury issues with a team, that fan base will check out. When Romo went down in 15, ppl were still tuning into the cowboys to see what they were goin to do. Last year a raptors fan I know wanted to purchase tickets at philly but wouldn’t commit to it because he wasn’t sure I’d load management was goin to happen that game. Dude had the money ready for sideline seats but ultimately didn’t pull the trigger because of the load management games. The way the nba is marketed you don’t feel like you’re getting your moneys worth if the stars isn’t playing. Not the case with the nfl. Whenever I go see the rockets play I don’t have this problem because I know harden never want to miss a game. He wants to play all 82 if possible

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Do the account for streamers?

:eat::eat::eat::eat: but on a real, it is hard to invest in watching 2-3 hour games in the week, when you got season 1 of Top Boy to finish, IG and whatever else is competing for your attention. :mjcry::mjcry::mjcry: It was all so simple back in the Bulls era as it was just MJ, rap city and getting knocked off 56k when the caramel kissed shawty called :banderas::banderas::banderas:
This right here. I have cable along with access to Netflix HBO Showtime Hulu and Amazon. I have so much shyt to watch, I've cut my NFL viewing down to only watching the bears. This is the golden era of TV.

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
Have y'all taken a look at the people at some of these NBA games? Thunder fans are all middle America rednecks.
The "cacs don't like basketball like that" angle nikkas here take is nothing but pure ignorance. There's not an NBA game in the country outside of maybe Atlanta and DC that the crowd isn't going to be majority white. And white people are definitely the bigger supporters of college ball

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
The "cacs don't like basketball like that" angle nikkas here take is nothing but pure ignorance. There's not an NBA game in the country outside of maybe Atlanta and DC that the crowd isn't going to be majority white. And white people are definitely the bigger supporters of college ball

More white people like football than basketball. Does it mean that no white people like basketball? It just means MORE like football.