NBA Contemplating Eliminating The Draft Lottery: Check Out The Possible Replacement

Spree At Last

All Star
Daps
they should do a tourney with all non-playoff squads for the lotto seeds, i think simmons suggested that once. there would be so much fukkery if they did that in conjunction with the regular playoffs. plus that gets rid of all motivation to tank.

i also like taking record over the past three years into account, squads would think twice bout tankin for three years as opposed to one.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Came from Grantland. Don't take the shyt seriously. The human ESPN trade machine himself use to talk about this same format on his podcast heavy last year before the '12 draft. shyt ain't come from no fukkin nba offices

jmspro

Banned
Daps
I like this. Mike Greenberg had a good idea too. He said it should be the 17th place team should get the #1 pick and then so forth.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
they should do a tourney with all non-playoff squads for the lotto seeds, i think simmons suggested that once. there would be so much fukkery if they did that in conjunction with the regular playoffs. plus that gets rid of all motivation to tank.

i also like taking record over the past three years into account, squads would think twice bout tankin for three years as opposed to one.

I like the three-year record idea for the lottery.

Someone put in the comments section of this article an idea of giving all the non-playoff teams a point system. Something along the lines of once a team is eliminated from playoff contention, each win they get counts as a point (kinda like the NHL) towards getting a better draft position. It would obviously have to be tweaked in some way because a team like the Jazz will get eliminated from contention in the West in March, whereas every team in the East will be alive until the last week.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Yeah, this is dumb, the champs could basically end up with the number 1 pick, which would be retarded.

Why not give the first 3 picks to the best teams not in the playoffs :manny:

i like both of these ideas

a loser's playoff :heh: so retarded it might work. i hope they steal this idea from you

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
They are trying to get an equal playing field like the NFL. It could work eventually but it will take a very long time to work, just think if the parity in the NBA was anything like the NFL

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Even if they started it with the 2013 draft, you end up with the Pacers getting these picks in a 3 year period-

14, 11, 2

They are a young team, 3 years from now they will more than likely still a be good team and needing a David West replacement. No worries, they will be guaranteed the number 2 pick in the draft, a potentially high level player that will not hurt them in the cap much because he would be on a rookie contract.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Although I like the degree of fukkery that this format would create..... how do you honestly tell a team and their fan base that they won't see a no. 1 pick for 30 years. (and possibly telling their rivals they get first dibs on Parker and Wiggens and them next year. :dwillhuh:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
the way nfl has parity is cause theres so many players when a team wins a super bowl they gotta break up cause of salary issues. Wont ever happen in the NBA.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just let teams loose and tighten up on the salary cap situation....have a hard cap that you can only go over with if you drafted the player.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
I'd rather see a "losers bracket" style of one and done playoffs and the winner gets the first pick, runner up gets the 2nd pick etc. an extra revenue stream, and the lotto playoff would be more exciting than most first round placeholder filler ass series they trot out there