NBA Contemplating Eliminating The Draft Lottery: Check Out The Possible Replacement

Holiday

Ohh G
Daps
Reppin
NJ
That Pretty Much Encourages Tanking Though Doesn't It?

I Dont See What The Problem Is With The Lottery (If It Stayed True To An ACTUAL Lottery And Isnt Fixed)

The idea of having the most lottery balls encourages tanking as well. It's kind of pointless to have it when it doesn't stop anything.

I believe the worst team should get the first pick regardless.

Holiday

Ohh G
Daps
Reppin
NJ
It's like they are doing all of these things (like the one year of college rule) to protect dumb GM's from doing dumb shyt.

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The idea of having the most lottery balls encourages tanking as well. It's kind of pointless to have it when it doesn't stop anything.

Most Lottery Balls Has Been Proven To Really Mean Nothing Though :manny: You're Pretty Much Trying To Sway The Statistics In Your Favor To Make Your Chances Better, And It Can Completely Backfire On You

With The Worst Getting First You're Guaranteed A Top Pick

Holiday

Ohh G
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Most Lottery Balls Has Been Proven To Really Mean Nothing Though :manny: You're Pretty Much Trying To Sway The Statistics In Your Favor To Make Your Chances Better, And It Can Completely Backfire On You

I feel you, but teams still tank even with the possibility of backfiring, no? The lottery supposed to stop teams from tanking, and I don't think it does.

Dayco23

World Champion
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
:mindblown:What the fukk is the harrison barnes gs situation?

How if Barnes would have come out during Kyrie Irvings draft he would have been a top 3 pick. Since he stayed an extra year he fell to 7th because the extra year in college exposed his weaknesses.

THats all i can think of regarding his draft.

Unless it was a traded pick or something

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia

Then teams are going to continue to tank. No getting around that.

The most obvious solution is a lottery where every non-playoff team gets the same amount of ping-pong balls. Draw is done transparently live.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Simmons brought up an interesting idea. How about a lottery where the amount of ping pong balls lottery teams get is based on their 3 year record?

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
It's an interesting idea. At the same time, there are organizations that know how to draft wherever they are slotted and a majority that have no idea what they are doing.

....for the love of all things sacred, THIS.

A "wheel" can't account for OR fix human stupidity.