NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I think it would probably be Saturday night/Sunday night. I think NBC will do something like a doubleheader on Saturday (5:30PM & 8PM), and or Sunday (3:30PM or 5:30PM). I don’t see NBC or ESPN/ABC doing primetime weeknight games. I hope NBC gets to do full weekend games, while ESPN does weeknights, along with Amazon. That would be best of both worlds.
Sports during the weeknight has shown to be a flop over the years in the case of network television, so it'd be setting up for failure if they do try it again.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
And if I’m understand it right, Comcast would run two games a week on NBC during the season? That’s a no brainer for the NBA, especially at that price point
Probably get the local games on NBC local studios as well. It’s probably the end of Bally with this deal

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley

I saw and he’s definitely well verse and experienced on the topic. I just don’t think it’s likely based on that rumored number and the fact NBC wants a significant package. The only scenario I see is TNT gets like a one game a week on Tuesdays and maybe like a slimmed down playoff inventory. Idk if that’s gonna help WBD in the long run though.

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
I think it would probably be Saturday night/Sunday night. I think NBC will do something like a doubleheader on Saturday (5:30PM & 8PM), and or Sunday (3:30PM or 5:30PM). I don’t see NBC or ESPN/ABC doing primetime weeknight games. I hope NBC gets to do full weekend games, while ESPN does weeknights, along with Amazon. That would be best of both worlds.

I’m thinking Friday nights during the NFL season and then Saturday and Sundays after the NFL. Saturdays don’t work in the fall because of Notre Dame football/Big Ten football.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
And if I’m understand it right, Comcast would run two games a week on NBC during the season? That’s a no brainer for the NBA, especially at that price point
I actually like that deal more than the Amazon. nba teams need brand awareness, Disney doesn't even show/promote the nba until like January

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley

He’s gonna have to match. WBD is paying $1.2 billion a year right now.

Oh yea, him saying WBD doesn’t need the NBA was one of the dumbest things I ever heard. Dude has been moving like he’s teflon with some of the moves he’s made (though it’s saved the company money). How he pulls this off idk but good luck to him lol

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Oh yea, him saying WBD doesn’t need the NBA was one of the dumbest things I ever heard. Dude has been moving like he’s teflon with some of the moves he’s made (though it’s saved the company money). How he pulls this off idk but good luck to him lol

THAT DUDE THINKS
90 DAY FIANCE AND SHARK WEEK
IS THE END ALL BE ALL

PEOPLE FORGET HE WAS THE
DISCOVERY CEO BEFORE THE MERGER.

HE DOESNT CARE TOO MUCH
ABOUT WHAT WARNER HAD GOING ON
BEFORE HE ARRIVED.
:devil:
:evil:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I actually like that deal more than the Amazon. nba teams need brand awareness, Disney doesn't even show/promote the nba until like January

That’s how CBS and NBC grew the league.

THAT DUDE THINKS
90 DAY FIANCE AND SHARK WEEK
IS THE END ALL BE ALL

PEOPLE FORGET HE WAS THE
DISCOVERY CEO BEFORE THE MERGER.

HE DOESNT CARE TOO MUCH
ABOUT WHAT WARNER HAD GOING ON
BEFORE HE ARRIVED.
:devil:
:evil:

This him now

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps

He’s gonna have to match. WBD is paying $1.2 billion a year right now.

All that public posturing just to end up like this…..I would rob his ass blind if I was Silver :francis: To such a degree that the board will have to fire him for the overpay or for losing the NBA …can’t have “partners” like that

Last edited:

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It took 20 years for NBC to regret giving up the rights in the first place, and now they want the B package :francis:

Would welcome Roundball Rock back but not at the expense of Inside the NBA. That crew just got huge deals, I assume their contracts get voided and they become free agents if TNT gives up the rights?

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
That’s how CBS and NBC grew the league.

This him now

Zaslav...another mediocre white man failing upwards.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You’re insane. The instant TNT loses the rights to the NBA Amazon unloads the Brinks Truck (Sorry Isiah) for that TNT crew.

Not even Amazon or NBC,

ESPN would toss Malika, Perkins, RJ and the rest to the bushes immediately to bring in the Inside crew

Inside the NBA and ESPN College Football Gameday have been considered the gold standard for pre/post game shows for the last 10-15 years