NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
These articles don't amount to much. They don't have the language of the contract in front of them so they are speculating and even if they did have the language, it doesn't mean that the courts will see it the same way.

I think it's early to talk about a lawsuit, however. We have to see if WBD wants to match that Amazon package first..
My G, respectfully, you’re not a lawyer or if you are you’re not talking like one. This has happened time and again on this board where the actual lawyers like myself tell you the probable outcomes, coli legal experts argue with us, and then we end up being right and Nîggas act like it didn’t happen. This is a result of a world where people don’t defer to authority anymore. If you read that article he specifically breaks down the legal avenues WBD can take. He speaks on how these contracts are typically written and he’s referring to precedent in plain language. It’s not blind speculation, it’s how legal advice is given - based on precedent and probability. It’s actually very well written and exactly what I would’ve wrote. In other words, you’re not familiar enough to recognize how well crafted that article is. Now read that last article about the Amazon facts versus the WBD facts. The point is, suing is a last resort and WBD is unlikely to win that lawsuit just based on the pure fact that Amazon has more household and worldwide reach. The NBA has no duty to take what it deems to be an inferior deal. I couldn’t even access Max in half the countries I was in while in Europe this summer but Amazon worked everywhere. The NBA has a pure economic argument that the deals don’t match up. The idea that the NBA’s lawyers who come from white shoe firms like Silver would draft a contract where they are forced to take a suboptimal deal is the most ridiculous insertion I’ve seen in this entire thread. It would take legal malpractice. If anything, WBD may very well sue just to give it extra time to negotiate with the NBA and ward off ratification.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
My G, respectfully, you’re not a lawyer or if you are you’re not talking like one. This has happened time and again on this board where the actual lawyers like myself tell you the probable outcomes, coli legal experts argue with us, and then we end up being right and Nîggas act like it didn’t happen. This is a result of a world where people don’t defer to authority anymore. If you read that article he specifically breaks down the legal avenues WBD can take. He speaks on how these contracts are typically written and he’s referring to precedent in plain language. It’s not blind speculation, it’s how legal advice is given - based on precedent and probability. It’s actually very well written and exactly what I would’ve wrote. In other words, you’re not familiar enough to recognize how well crafted that article is. Now read that last article about the Amazon facts versus the WBD facts. The point is, suing is a last resort and WBD is unlikely to win that lawsuit just based on the pure fact that Amazon has more household and worldwide reach. The NBA has no duty to take what it deems to be an inferior deal. I couldn’t even access Max in half the countries I was in while in Europe this summer but Amazon worked everywhere. The NBA has a pure economic argument that the deals don’t match up. The idea that the NBA’s lawyers who come from white shoe firms like Silver would draft a contract where they are forced to take a suboptimal deal is the most ridiculous insertion I’ve seen in this entire thread. It would take legal malpractice. If anything, WBD may very well sue just to give it extra time to negotiate with the NBA and ward off ratification.
nikkas having to be sat down and talked to like children over their love of Charles Barkley post game TV shows :dead:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

1. You were in here saying that because ESPN didn't have matching rights that meant that likely WBD wouldn't either...... you were wrong. Everything you say beyond that point is null and void.

2. You have been wrong about various things during this Election cycle with your posts in Higher Learning. You didn't have a career as a political analyst, you are not an expert, I am.

3. The reason why you are replying to me here is because you are getting washed in Higher Learning so you believe you can save face here..... I said two things very clearly and I left it at that..

Here they are: This man did not have the language of the contracts in front of him. That's a fact. Secondly, all of these writers have already looked foolish every step of the way during this process. Lastly, you should know that if it does go to court, which I don't think it will, that means WBD and their lawyers feel they have a strong case. They aren't dragging it to court to try to carve out a 4th package as you are alluding to. That's NOT happening..

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I would like the know about the blackout implications for League Pass.

For example, if the game is on Peacock (the one service that I don't have out of this new lineup) will the game still be available LIVE on League Pass or Youtube TV for example?

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Charles isn’t slick. He was on CNBC yesterday. Obviously their under Comcast/NBC Universal and they’re thrilled at getting the NBA.

And then goes on ESPN with his home girl Hannah Storm.

This is an audition @K-Apps