NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Their show had a personality. If all is left will be bunch of boring doris burke/jj redikk combos, some fans will turn their back on all these channels.

TNT wasn't skip bayless level retarded. They provided decent insight. This is most likely Disney shutting down these shows that have some funny adult humor once in a while. "oh no, the kids are watching these shows too"

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Why have soo many basketball shows and commenters been losing their jobs or getting replaced lately?

ESPN getting rid some of the better basketball voices in the game and now Turner Sports cutting loose on one of the best basketball pregame/halftime shows ever and then replacing them with what will likely be inferior shows and voice commenters.

It makes no sense to me.
Money talks and the NBA is all about their bread. If getting more money means getting rid of Inside the NBA, then so be it.

puggle

Superstar
Daps
Under-reported part of all this. Over the last 16 or so years, TURNER has been operating NBA TV. The studios are right next to each other!

So many jobs lost. Charles Barkley is right to keep bringing up that point. And you have producers and what not who've been there since the mid 1990s!

It would probably be Comcast (NBC) esp if they're taking the 'B' package...
This is probably the second biggest development after Inside, I'm not sure ESPN, NBC, or Amazon care about or want to take over for a 24/7 all year round specialized sports network.

I guess among the three Amazon is the most likely since ESPN is spread thin as it is and NBC already shuttered its sports network a few years ago thinking it was a financial loser.

Last edited: