NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
This is probably the second biggest development after Inside, I'm not sure ESPN, NBC, or Amazon care about or want to take over for a 24/7 all year round specialized sports network.

I guess among the three Amazon is the most likely since ESPN is spread thin as it is and NBC already shuttered its sports network a few years ago thinking it was a financial loser.

Yup.

Also They won more Emmys

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I see Barkley/Kenny/Shaq going to NBC for that "Basketball Night in America" slot where they would only have to work one night a week. 10 years ago Chuck was ready to retire but not now with these big deals the networks are handing out to prestige broadcasters. He can easily get $10-15 Million a year for that job. Replace Ernie with Maria Taylor and keep it moving. The new version of "Inside the NBA" will be on Peacock after the games because regular NBC will have to go to local news.
But then the show only happens from mid-January onward

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
The NBA had a life before Inside the NBA and they’ll have a life after them.

They played a major part in the current state of the NBA talk just like ESPN, but don’t get the criticism that they deserve because of their likability.

That Shaq/Jokic interview along should have shown why they needed to go.
Wait so soon as a cac nba player gets critiqued all of a sudden they want to cancel the show? Thats what you saying?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Wait so soon as a cac nba player gets critiqued all of a sudden they want to cancel the show? Thats what you saying?
The NBA doesn't care what happens with Inside The NBA as long as they're getting their bread at the end of the business.

It's a business decision, but I'm sure that Shaq/Jokic situation didn't sit well with Silver for obvious reasons. That wasn't a critique. It was pure jealousy and hating.

Like I said, the NBA had a life before Inside The NBA and will continue to have one after.

concise

Veteran
Daps
Shaq has/had petty beef with Javale for no reason and Dwight(:dame:) for using the Superman nickname:laff:

Like I'm good with my analysts having beef with dudes for no reason going forward. In a way this is a good thing if we can move away from all that.

And they were getting ready to integrate Draymond onto that once his career was up. It's barely tolerable now ... it would have been unbearable once he retired from the league.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
The NBA doesn't care what happens with Inside The NBA as long as they're getting their bread at the end of the business.

It's a business decision, but I'm sure that Shaq/Jokic situation didn't sit well with Silver for obvious reasons. That wasn't a critique. It was pure jealousy and hating.

Like I said, the NBA had a life before Inside The NBA and will continue to have one after.
Shaq always been a hater tho so instead of getting rid of the entire show they should have gotten rid of Shaq