NBA 2K24 l PS5/XSX/PC l (Cover Released)

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Why is it STILL a staple of NBA 2k games to be forcing you to play 38 minutes, constantly leaving you with a sluggish, poor performing character despite you restructiring the roster and giving yourself less minutes before EVERY game? I go for the double takeover and kick into Mamba mode and turn just as good as the Allstars but that's a short 2 minute window.​
Exactly why I don’t play my career anymore

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Exactly why I don’t play my career anymore​

I know the game has to put checks and balances to stop you from exploiting the script they put on, but I don't see the reason for giving me the option to set my minutes and then see them disrespected EVERYTIME while they purposefully keep me at 38 minutes. Man's so tired he be biffing open layups and moving like he having a heart attack anytime someone 85 and above post up.
Stamina is 98 too and it still don't matter.
Thank god I'm playing this game for free on Gamepass, because this series is perpetually frustrating on purpose.​

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide

I know the game has to put checks and balances to stop you from exploiting the script they put on, but I don't see the reason for giving me the option to set my minutes and then see them disrespected EVERYTIME while they purposefully keep me at 38 minutes. Man's so tired he be biffing open layups and moving like he having a heart attack anytime someone 85 and above post up.
Stamina is 98 too and it still don't matter.
Thank god I'm playing this game for free on Gamepass, because this series is perpetually frustrating on purpose.​
Brother you should do my eras player lock it’s the closest thing to the old my player days

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I only ever play mycareer in 2k…

but this shyt is sooo broken though this year

On HOF difficulty, both computer defenders follow me and leave the screen man on pick and pops EVERYTIME!

I ran the same pick and pop over and over and Chimezie Metu came off the bench and shot fukking 8/10 from 3PT in the 2nd quarter
:deadrose:

This game is so fukking sad

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Man I'm on PC so I'm still on last gen, just grabbed this shyt for like 9$ and god damn this shyt is hella different from last year. Wayyyyyy better on the court. I legit thought they copy and pasted last year's game but the graphics were improved a lil bit (looks better than current gen with mods imo, except player models).

When I watch vids of current gen it seems like the animation system on PS5 and last gen is the same. The ability to cleanly split double teams off the dribble for the first time ever in 2K, the expanded on already great post game (the best implementation of a specific skill in sports gaming), the shooting is the best ever by far and completely different from last year last gen.

I still have yet to even touch a PS5 of XSX yet lol.

I think the gameplay is amazing this year, is it worse on PS5 or is it mostly just complaints about exploits and micro transactions?

Justise M

Superstar
Daps
Man I'm on PC so I'm still on last gen, just grabbed this shyt for like 9$ and god damn this shyt is hella different from last year. Wayyyyyy better on the court. I legit thought they copy and pasted last year's game but the graphics were improved a lil bit (looks better than current gen with mods imo, except player models).

When I watch vids of current gen it seems like the animation system on PS5 and last gen is the same. The ability to cleanly split double teams off the dribble for the first time ever in 2K, the expanded on already great post game (the best implementation of a specific skill in sports gaming), the shooting is the best ever by far and completely different from last year last gen.

I think the gameplay is amazing this year, is it worse on PS5 or is it mostly just complaints about exploits and micro transactions?

are you able to make contested shots? I'm struggling with that. I can only hit wide open shots.

I watch Kyrie the other day hit that shot on PJ Tucker and thought to myself. I thought to myself, that shot would be 100% smothered in 2k and would 0% chance of going on because the meter green area would be non existent. it's frustrating

UNATTACHED

OMG What happened to Virgil?
Daps

I just did the same shyt but I haven't had time to play yet. Bout to mod the fukk out of this and hop on mynba.

I got it on ps5 at launch and I liked the game play. I played practice mode on the pc version for like 2 mins and it felt real familiar so I don't think the gameplay is that much different if at all.
I stopped playing it since I built my pc and now I just let my little brother use my ps5 account since I had VC on it.
Offline the game was great but if you only play 2k for park/rec/pro am or myteam you will have to spend some decent bread to have fun

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They need to revamp this game, especially the defense. It’s damn near impossible to stop small guards speed boosting to the rim or dribbling back and forth.

It’s also stupid that guys with terrible 3 point ratings can consistently make 3s just because someone can time the release. It’s starting to feel more and more like NBA Jam with each game.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
are you able to make contested shots? I'm struggling with that. I can only hit wide open shots.

I watch Kyrie the other day hit that shot on PJ Tucker and thought to myself. I thought to myself, that shot would be 100% smothered in 2k and would 0% chance of going on because the meter green area would be non existent. it's frustrating
Somewhat, but not really. Playing at 120fps definitely helps, but the shyt contesting is extremely irritating.

However, playing on Pro seems completely different from playing on All Star as far as how contested shots go in, even if you change sliders, YOU MUST START THEM FROM THE PRO SET, and the game will play more realistic than if you start off editing from All Star settings.

I literally couldn't make a single contested jumper on All Star, went to pro and all of a sudden the releases went from late/early every shot to me finally seeing slightly early/late.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The jumpshots are just so e shyt the developers have no fukking idea how to correctly implement.

I feel like this year is the best version of space creation they ever had (still too easy to just run directly at an offensive player to contest a shot and still have an effect), the shots are quicker than older 2k's, the drifting shots no longer have a hitch between animations, SOME of the step backs actually work to create space (some are still awful and gives zero advantage).

They have yet to understand that even the worse shooters can consistently make contested shots, BECAUSE ALL SHOTS ARE CONTESTED IN THE NBA. Great players make 7-11 heavily contested shots every damn night. ALL shots off the dribble are contested and league average for those shots would be in the 40% isle.

They need to change how fast defenders recover and they need to make step backs animate to the open area according to the direction of the stick, instead of the pre determined spots of the animation. Maybe the player ratings can decide how good the animation used to get to that space happens on screen.

Last edited:

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town

You have to adjust the shot contest slider:
0=contests have little to no affect on the shot and you don't get a boost for open shots. You still have to be wary of the defense being played because defense can affect your release point and speed up your shot
100=shots are greatly affected by contests and open shots go in WAY easier

You can also adjust the shot and layup defense sliders:
0=most shots will register as "wide open" unless it's a clear contact layup with defenders present
100=the slightest contest will register as "smothered" and you will only see a wide open shot if no one is around you

I also lowered the on ball defense slider to 45 because at 50, I couldn't drive past Rudy Gobert on an iso, but at 45, I get past him easily

Last slider I adjusted was the movement sliders. I lowered both the minimum speed and acceleration to 25. Now I can get more fast breaks because bigs aren't catching up to me. I still get that suction cup defense on occasion. I just left the contact sliders at default tho (50 layup and 60 inside)

I use the same sliders for both user and CPU

Justise M

Superstar
Daps
You have to adjust the shot contest slider:
0=contests have little to no affect on the shot and you don't get a boost for open shots. You still have to be wary of the defense being played because defense can affect your release point and speed up your shot
100=shots are greatly affected by contests and open shots go in WAY easier

You can also adjust the shot and layup defense sliders:
0=most shots will register as "wide open" unless it's a clear contact layup with defenders present
100=the slightest contest will register as "smothered" and you will only see a wide open shot if no one is around you

I also lowered the on ball defense slider to 45 because at 50, I couldn't drive past Rudy Gobert on an iso, but at 45, I get past him easily

Last slider I adjusted was the movement sliders. I lowered both the minimum speed and acceleration to 25. Now I can get more fast breaks because bigs aren't catching up to me. I still get that suction cup defense on occasion. I just left the contact sliders at default tho (50 layup and 60 inside)

I use the same sliders for both user and CPU

Thanks imma give these settings a try

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Thanks imma give these settings a try
My exact sliders are as follows. Everything is at 50 for BOTH User and CPU except:

Offense
Shot coverage 40
Shot timing 0 (CPU only. This is just real shot percentage)
Contact shot 55

Defense
Inside shot 60

Attributes
On ball defense 45

Fouls
Over the back 50
Charging 60
Blocking 60
Reaching 50
Shooting 65
Loose Ball 60
Illegal Screen 60

Movement
Speed/Acceleration (Max) 75
Speed/Acceleration (Min) 25

Let me know if it plays better for you

Road20

All Star
Daps
Reppin
the Yay 510
The shyt I hate is how in My Era do you update the court and not the Jerseys. Gotta a franchise with the nuggets and it's the old jerseys on the new court. It damn near ruins the experience