NBA 2K24 l PS5/XSX/PC l (Cover Released)

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Why is it so hard to make an open layup? :hhh:
By default, layups are shot timing based so that could be a reason. Also, the defense is too strong on this game. I lowered the shot/layup defense strength to 45 and I also lowered the shot contest effectiveness to about 40. I raised the contact shot slider to 55, so that helps me make more layups.

if you play on HOF, the shot/layup defense is set to like 55, which means it’s more likely your shot will register as contested (0 is open shot and 100 is smothered).

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
its been a wrap since the day 2K was bought from SEGA... :wow:

2K5 with Ben Wallace on the cover was the last good game in the series

ESPN_NBA_2K5_front.jpg

2K been downhill ever since :wow:
:ohlawd:

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Told myself I wasnt gonna spend money on this game.....ended up getting it on holiday sale and still ended up buying VC for MyCareer and for a Reclass cause I didn't like my OG build :snoop: :martin:

Why they gotta have the monopoly, man :mjcry:

WE NEED CONGRESS TO GET ON THIS :damn:

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Told myself I wasnt gonna spend money on this game.....ended up getting it on holiday sale and still ended up buying VC for MyCareer and for a Reclass cause I didn't like my OG build :snoop: :martin:

Why they gotta have the monopoly, man :mjcry:

WE NEED CONGRESS TO GET ON THIS :damn:
Like I said EA got a golden opportunity to get back in the game with a NCAA game, I can see that being strong competition for NBA 2K :ehh:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
fun but underwhelming, barely gave us any games and not the ones we needed

That's sad (and pathetic)

I haven't bought 2K since the Jordan cover unless it was for my youngin's & I was hoping it would be more like that one smh

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I been playing NBA2K22 for the longest. Recently bought 2K24.

This game is infuriating. They changed the shot meter. Also the computer doesn’t know automatically to pass it to the open man or whoever you’re directing the ball at, they want you to explicitly press X, A, B, Y or LT. Why change that :mindblown: and these nikkas shoot slow as hell sometimes. Nikkas be wide open then take 5 seconds to do a step back three :mjlol:

I’m learning it though.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea I'm playing on all star rn

I skipped out in 2k23 so I can't call it, but this myplayer is definitely harder to hoop on vs. 2k22, im on Memphis tho so the team is pretty balanced for me (6'9 scoring PF)

And having the shot release be at the END of the meter now is annoying as hell :beli: completely goes against what 2k's been teaching us for years

Same. By the time I master this, imma forget how to play on 2K22 :beli:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Same. By the time I master this, imma forget how to play on 2K22 :beli:
They made it annoyingly difficult to drive and make layups, any type of movement from defense and the shot meter randomly switches, makes me only look for jumpers and completely open lane drives instead of being aggressive at the rim