NBA 2K24 l PS5/XSX/PC l (Cover Released)

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
The micro transactions have never been a deal breaker for me. I don’t even play MyPlayer. All I want is good gameplay and i proved franchise mode. 2k is always SO close but every year you’re thinking “this game would be perfect if they just…”

Almost as if they leave things out purposely so they can add it the following year. Simple things at that.

Same here, I only play myNBA.

I think they nailed the game play in 2k23 for the most part 9/10

They could have add some elements that made myNBA better besides the eras thing.

2k23 was a 8.5/10 game to me all together.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
I'll probably get this when it goes on sale after a few months. Loved the ERAs mode last year & it seems like they're making more improvements. Don't feel the urge to spend full price money on it though

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I'll probably get this when it goes on sale after a few months. Loved the ERAs mode last year & it seems like they're making more improvements. Don't feel the urge to spend full price money on it though
Yeah definitely waiting for that Black Friday price reduction….they’ll also have most of the launch kinks worked out by then also

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
The micro transactions have never been a deal breaker for me. I don’t even play MyPlayer. All I want is good gameplay and i proved franchise mode. 2k is always SO close but every year you’re thinking “this game would be perfect if they just…”

Almost as if they leave things out purposely so they can add it the following year. Simple things at that.

the thing is, that the game was really good on PS3 and PS4. on PS5, this shyt is pure ass. how are they steady regressing each year.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang

it starts in 2010 first season of the heatles

Kyrie Kawhi Yimmy draft
Those era draft classes are dumb as hell too. There should be an option to keep draft class order as fixed historically as possible. For instance if Jokic was picked in the 2nd round he in real life he should he picked at most late first round. No reason sleeper prospects like Giannis, Jokic, and Rajon Rondo should be going top 5 in their respective drafts in the game unless you want them to.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Those era draft classes are dumb as hell too. There should be an option to keep draft class order as fixed historically as possible. For instance if Jokic was picked in the 2nd round he in real life he should he picked at most late first round. No reason sleeper prospects like Giannis, Jokic, and Rajon Rondo should be going top 5 in their respective drafts in the game unless you want them to.
Yup, that's one of my issues with it, think I talked about it in the 2k23 thread.

Even in the video they just posted, they had Jimmy Butler at a 78 overall pre-draft.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Just take over the team you want that player to go to and draft him …if you have to trade for the pick trade for it ..but I don’t see how they can premeditate the draft and not break the whole ERA’s concept of rewriting history

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Yup, that's one of my issues with it, think I talked about it in the 2k23 thread.

Even in the video they just posted, they had Jimmy Butler at a 78 overall pre-draft.
It would be interesting if they could maybe lower the overall for those kinds of players but out the potential through the roof or something so they don’t vault up the draft boards …but at the same time you don’t want to rank those players so low that they don’t evolve into who they’re supposed to be either …my main issue with the draft classes is that the non NBAPA players all look like MyPark weirdos with full sleeves tatts and wild hair when that shyt wasn’t in style during the 80’s and 90’s …so you have to end up editing the draft classes to keep it authentic..they need to fix that

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
the thing is, that the game was really good on PS3 and PS4. on PS5, this shyt is pure ass. how are they steady regressing each year.
It was definitely better (for its time) back then. I feel like the gameplay is better than ever, but on these newer consoles, we definitely expect more, and some things are unacceptable. If I were to go back and play one of the old 2ks from 2 consoles ago, or even like a 2k16 on the last console, those shyts are unplayable for me. People say NBA 2k11 was the GOAT basketball game, but I can’t play that now.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
Just take over the team you that player to go to and draft him …if you have to trade for the pick trade for it ..but I don’t see how they can premeditate the draft and not break the whole ERA’s concept of rewriting history
That's a lot of work and doing that every time I make a MyEras save would be ridiculous. The can do it by making it an option that says "Keep historic draft class order similar" or something. Then all it would do is run an algorithm that keep the computer within a certain range of picks based on real draft data for whoever they are drafting.
For instance Johnny Flynn was drafted as 6th pick before steph curry by Minnesota. If the computer had the 3rd pick then they could pick maybe up to 5 picks away but the odds are lower of them picking a player the further they were historically from the current pick. So that 3rd pick could end up being Steph or Johnny Flynn but Johnny Flynn has a higher likelihood of being picked due to the historical bias of being a higher pick. So still some variance there but nothing too crazy.
It would in essence be a problem that can be solved using a modified sliding window algorithm with some probability bias thrown in for how to choose within the window.
They could for sure do it if they wanted to

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
It would be interesting if they could maybe lower the overall for those kinds of players but out the potential through the roof or something so they don’t vault up the draft boards …but at the same time you don’t want to rank those players so low that they don’t evolve into who they’re supposed to be either …my main issue with the draft classes is that the non NBAPA players all look like MyPark weirdos with full sleeves tatts and wild hair when that shyt wasn’t in style during the 80’s and 90’s …so you have to end up editing the draft classes to keep it authentic..they need to fix that
2k has boom bust system just for that

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
That's a lot of work and doing that every time I make a MyEras save would be ridiculous.
Is it really? It takes like 2 minutes to go to settings select the team you want and override trade for the number 1 pick :comeon:

The can do it by making it an option that says "Keep historic draft class order similar" or something. Then all it would do is run an algorithm that keep the computer within a certain range of picks based on real draft data for whoever they are drafting.
I personally wouldn’t want the CPU jumping me in the draft while I’m trying to rebuild and this still wouldn’t even guarantee the team selects the player you want them to in the draft
For instance Johnny Flynn was drafted as 6th pick before steph curry by Minnesota. If the computer had the 3rd pick then they could pick maybe up to 5 picks away but the odds are lower of them picking a player the further they were historically from the current pick. So that 3rd pick could end up being Steph or Johnny Flynn but Johnny Flynn has a higher likelihood of being picked due to the historical bias of being a higher pick. So still some variance there but nothing too crazy.
It would in essence be a problem that can be solved using a modified sliding window algorithm with some probability bias thrown in for how to choose within the window.
They could for sure do it if they wanted to
Seems like a lot of extra shyt when you can just draft the nikka to the team you want IMO:manny:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Yeah they should use that more …but the problem is you as the user would have to draft honest to make the payoff even worth it …. I definitely was guilty of drafting good rotation players that I know I didn’t even have to scout earlier than their mock position becusse I knew they would be good :russ: Doug Christie, Nick Van Excel etc etc there’s like a 0 percent chance you as a user can draft a bust when we all know who turned out good.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
I think it’s a roster editing issue in that case. I don’t really know how the system works, but let’s take someone like Darko for example. I think there’s a Boom/Bust/Average rating. Then there’s also a potential rating. You could give someone like Darko a mediocre overall rating, high potential, but maybe have his Boom percentage a 49, Bust 50, and average a 1 (meaning there’s no in-between with him). Then you could make it so you have computer AI GMs who might favor potential over metrics.

I edited a draft the 2003 class just messing around where Melo, Wade and Bron were closer in overall, and I improved Darko’s potential and edited his Boom/Bust percentage. Usually he gets drafted in the second round or undrafted, but despite being rated low, I managed to get him drafted in the 1st round by making those few changes.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
Is it really? It takes like 2 minutes to go to settings select the team you want and override trade for the number 1 pick :comeon:

I personally wouldn’t want the CPU jumping me in the draft while I’m trying to rebuild and this still wouldn’t even guarantee the team selects the player you want them to in the draft

Seems like a lot of extra shyt when you can just draft the nikka to the team you want IMO:manny:
It's primarily for sleepers to stay sleepers and so that busts stay busts. It's not a lot of extra shyt. On the users end it would be instantaneous the draft would just go. You wouldn't have to think and worry about Markelle Fultz getting drafted in the late first round or Jimmy Butler getting drafted 3rd overall.
It keeps some historic accuracy without compromising and making the user go through that like you said extra 2 minutes for each player to ensure they get drafted where they are supposed to be.
These are quality of life improvements that other games get just because they care about how their players want to play the game and give them a frustration free experience. I don't think this is really too much to ask since a lot of people have the same complaint.
Also when you go through the work to do all those trades you might find something was misconfigured in the settings and need to restart a new myeras save bro it becomes tedious and adds up.