Naughty Dog so inspired by Elden Ring: Declares no more Movie Games per Neil Druckmannn

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Like until dawn and the quarry are movie games .. Telltale stuff, no way out, etc

you dont feel there a difference between that and the third person action games that are sony thing like spider-man, Horizon, and Last of us?

Movie games are something most people use to describe Sony 1st person narrative games. In general when people talk about Sony games you hear "it's like playing or being in a movie" Sony themselves have also said how the focus on narrative and cinematics.

Sony Stan's especially a handful on here seem to think it's a negative thing though, but it's because people say they want more playing in there movie games.

So they go left field with what isn't or is a movie game. But in general it's just a game that you play that makes you feel like you are playing a part in a movie.

Sony does that really well, but with that they restrict a lot of potential gameplay elements to keep that vibe. (Kojima perfected the two with metal gear 1-3, altho 3 got a bit too heavy on cut scenes for my liking)

Neil seems like he wants to ticker with the story telling that you get from the world and the environment more so than how you get in movies and tv.( EG Zelda and souls games)

There aren't many triple A games from 3rd party or 1st party developers that I can say people praise for being like a movie. So hopefully Sony doesn't stray far from that since they basically have the formula on lock, at the same time I don't want all or even most my games to be made like that.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Stop. It's clearly yall XGoofies especially one. :rudy:

Nah, some said they don't like movie games and y'all instantly was like "what is a movie game?!?" Every game is a movie game?!?

So you don't like games with cutscenes?!?"

When really it's as simple as we don't like games that sacrifice gameplay for more of a cinematic experience or try to go out of there way to make you try and feel something.

Some of Sony 1st part titles I just don't care about, they aren't really fun nor challenging and the story isn't engaging.

Others are literally some of the most memorable single player gaming experiences, when I weigh that out over all... There are more I don't like than I do.

But when they do hit, THEY HIT. :banderas:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nah, some said they don't like movie games and y'all instantly was like "what is a movie game?!?" Every game is a movie game?!?

When really it's as simple as we don't like games that sacrifice gameplay for more of a cinematic experience or try to go out of there way to make you try and feel something.

Some of Sony 1st part titles I just don't care about, they aren't really fun nor challenging and the story isn't engaging.

Others are literally some of the most memorable single player gaming experiences, when I weigh that out over all... There are more I don't like than I do.

Shut up you like ff7

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I would prefer game play that didn’t hold my hand.

I’m cool with cutscenes. I don’t like dark souls way of story telling.
Exactly that shyt fukking trash, I hope that concept isn’t adopted more.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Okay, explain to me like I'm 5.

What Sony games sacrifice gameplay and give me specific examples of this for a more "cinematic" experience.