Naughty Dog so inspired by Elden Ring: Declares no more Movie Games per Neil Druckmannn

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx

I don't know how Sony is going to take this development. Will Last Of Us 3 be the last movie game? What about Uncharted?

Naughty Dog has turned Neil in to a western Kojima

but much like Kojima he did better under strict structure and challenges to his ideas

he wanted joel to die at the caniibel camp and wanted to kill Elena in uncharted 2

the guy thinks you can only make a good story by making the audience miserable.

last of us 2 is such a great " game" - (the actual game play is great and anybody who attacks it feel bias to be honest...) drag down by a rather pedestrian revenge story

i think anything that makes his games more of games and less netflix episodes would help ..

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Naughty Dog has turned Neil in to a western Kojima

but much like Kojima he did better under strict structure and challenges to his ideas

he wanted joel to die at the caniibel camp and wanted to kill Elena in uncharted 2

the guy thinks you can only make a good story by making the audience miserable.

last of us 2 is such a great " game" drag down by a rather pedestrian revenge story

i think anything that makes his games more of games and less netflix episodes would help ..

It was actually Amy Hennig that wanted to make Uncharted 4 darker and kill Sam

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Imagine if ND made a BOTW styled game? How would that even work?

imagine you take the rick grimes model and just drop a person in the last of us universe and you can join a fraction or try to make it on your own ...

trade with communities ..join a settlement .. start a settlement etc.. if your violent just to be violent .. you develop a bad rep and more communities are willing to come hunt you down... etc

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
imagine you take the rick grimes model and just drop a person in the last of us universe and you can join a fraction or try to make it on your own ...

trade with communities ..join a settlement .. start a settlement etc.. if your violent just to be violent .. you develop a bad rep and more communities are willing to come hunt you down... etc
Sounds like Factions. They tried to do some meta game like that in the first MP for TLOU. I have a feeling they're going to lean into this more in Factions.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i want it it to bea thing more like MMORPG and not just one off matches

I think Factiosn will probably be similar to Destiny in structure. A big hub zone, you go out and do missions or pvp through there.

I also did like the actual “factions” aspect where depending on your server/or region, i forget which it would get you points for everyone tied to it. They need to do more of that but break it up more.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Does Elden ring even have a story?

Yes there is a fukkton of lore and environmental story telling, but it goes over most peoples heads. There’s a ton of YouTube videos explaining various characters and story arcs. All the demigods and NPCs have fleshed out backstories with many of them tying into each other

I feel like I more or less “got it” during my first playthrough, but the lore videos made my second playthrough way more rewarding because I actually understood why certain monsters were in specific areas and the history behind certain locations and characters. It made me want to read item descriptions whenever I found something unique. It’s definitely deep but how the lore is presented in limited dialog and item descriptions means you gotta actually think and investigate to understand things, otherwise it’ll feel like “there’s no story” and you’re just following the trail to the next site of grace

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Yes there is a fukkton of lore and environmental story telling, but it goes over most peoples heads. There’s a ton of YouTube videos explaining various characters and story arcs. All the demigods and NPCs have fleshed out backstories with many of them tying into each other

I feel like I more or less “got it” during my first playthrough, but the lore videos made my second playthrough way more rewarding because I actually understood why certain monsters were in specific areas and the history behind certain locations and characters. It made me want to read item descriptions whenever I found something unique. It’s definitely deep but how the lore is presented in limited dialog and item descriptions means you gotta actually think and investigate to understand things, otherwise it’ll feel like “there’s no story” and you’re just following the trail to the next site of grace
So its entire story is basically a bunch of easter eggs?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This doesn't compute to Sony Stan's because they don't think Sony makes movie games in the 1st place

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
This doesn't compute to Sony Stan's because they don't think Sony makes movie games in the 1st place

Like until dawn and the quarry are movie games .. Telltale stuff, no way out, etc

you dont feel there a difference between that and the third person action games that are sony thing like spider-man, Horizon, and Last of us?

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
So its entire story is basically a bunch of easter eggs?

Not necessarily the main story but most of the best lore is. The main story is fairly straightforward and there's enough dialog there to give you context of what you're doing, your overall objective to become Elden lord, etc.

But if you aren't reading item descriptions or paying attention to what NPC's are saying, the game will just seem like you're playing on a massive map with a variety of creatures and bosses, and everything in the world is fukked up for no reason :heh:

Every single type of enemy is placed in specific areas and often have some kind of relation/interaction with other creatures/enemies in the game. Same with all of the items. The attention to detail is insane once you dive into it. There are various historical conflicts that have shaped things, multiple gods essentially fighting for control over The Lands Between, history of the demigods, tarnished and their interactions, etc. All kinds of shyt that can be easily missed by most players even if you beat the game

Fromsoft's story telling definitely isn't the most straightforward or accessible, but you can't have dozens of YouTube channels pumping out hundreds of hours of lore videos to this day if there's no story or characters to talk about :manny:

IMO the lore hunting and theory crafting is what helped give the game even more legs/longevity because there are whole communities online who still discuss and debate this shyt daily

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Triple A games have become so focus group tested that they are starting to feel lifeless. That's why Elden Ring was a breath of fresh air cuz it provided mystery and let us use our imaginations a little. I'm all for big games taking more risks.

Ehh, it was an open world FromSoft game. Most never played From games like that before until they picked up ER.

The promotion was something they never got before with previous publishers and it worked. Their games have always been pretty good to excellent.

And while "some" of you hate the story driven games ND produces, the results speak for themselves. If it was that easy, others wouldn't suck at doing them.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Ehh, it was an open world FromSoft game. Most never played From games like that before until they picked up ER.

The promotion was something they never got before with previous publishers and it worked. Their games have always been pretty good to excellent.

And while "some" of you hate the story driven games Sony produces, the results speak for themselves. If it was that easy, others wouldn't suck at doing them.

Exactly, just like you can point to Elden Ring and Souls games and say how no one else but Miyazaki can make them, the truth is no one else can make games like sony first party studios, specifically Naughty Dog and many have tried.