Naughty Dog racist? (Update: Article writer was hired by Naughty Dog)

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
The first few pages of this thread are fukking wild :what:. Like bebe's kids got ahold of some computers and started going off. If any topic deserved an armistice from the fanboy bullshyt it was this one.

I gotta keep it real, a lot of the criticisms levied against TLOU/2 didn't stand out to me on my playthroughs. And I think it's a combo of damn near everyone getting bodied in these games and maybe my unfortunate desensitization to portrayals of black death. But they are valid criticisms and I appreciate this sister who wrote the article and the brehs in here who took the time to explain why it's problematic. Maybe the only thing that stood out to me was how Isaac went out. Like that brother was literally in the game for 3 minutes lol. Seemed unnecessary.

Salute to this sister though :salute:. And props to ND for taking steps to improve.

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
Its cringe you calling people c00ns for helping fix the exact shyt they had a problem with. She’s a narrative writer for games, where you think she’s gonna find a job that isn’t filled with white people?
Previous employers that didn't give her a reason to call them out.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Wait so y’all spent the whole thread calling her and her article dumb, now y’all applauding naughty dog for hiring this “dumb writer” to write for the games you will inevitably stan.

Can’t make this shyt up. Sony stans wild :wow:

Show me where anyone applauding the decision to hire her called her dumb

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Imagine posting this then turning around to work for the company. :francis: c00ning 101.

She put her stance to the side for a check so yea that's definitely c00ning.

Association means a lot. Always has, always will. And idk about you, but if I'm looking for a work it isnt going to be with a company that I had this type of issue with..

This is all bullshyt and you know it is. The fukk. It's not like she joined the Trump administration. Where else is she supposed to work? I'd love for there to be some predominately black studios but it requires a shyt ton of capital. And for more nikkas to have STEM backgrounds and be exposed to these career opportunities. I hope it happens in our lifetime but it's not an easy fix. She's trying to be a part of that change.

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
This is all bullshyt and you know it is. The fukk. It's not like she joined the Trump administration. Where else is she supposed to work? I'd love for there to be some predominately black studios but it requires a shyt ton of capital. And for more nikkas to have STEM backgrounds and be exposed to these career opportunities. I hope it happens in our lifetime but it's not an easy fix. She's trying to be a part of that change.
Somewhere other than the for the company she called out 6 months ago. Did she only have two options: Be unemployed or work for ND?
Because if not then she's a c00n.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
She put her stance to the side for a check so yea that's definitely c00ning. And a freelance writer isnt walking into an established studio like Naughty Dog and calling any shots lol
Basically this. It’s like some of y’all not asking why. This is like kaepernick doing Nike commercials to kick off the season :scust:
Then she says “where’s your God now “ to some haters which is very cac-ish imo
Then the marketing team is in full effect like this…

Like these clowns so far removed from blackness that they got teams of people going “THEY’RE WORKING WITH A BLACK LEAD CHARACTER :banderas:
But the people who made that tweet are not black, never mentioned anything black related until that post (I checked) it’s-a Sony Stan spam account. This is what gizmo uses as his sources :rudy:
What you’re hoping for is righteousness but in terms of real world I feel you’re being naive here. Like champ said, no way a freelance writer (a black woman at that) just gets hired out the blue to lead naughty dog. I wasn’t born yesterday nah mean. I hope you’re right but I know this is a trend now, a playbook even. A playbook that Nike and the NFL exploited to reverse the negative perception while ultimately maintaining the same racist values at heart. This has nothing to do with a console war, it’s all about track records and reasoning. I think it’s clear why they doing this, I wouldn’t be shocked if she did a great job.

She’ll still receive her nikka wake up moment and she’ll ultimately leave the company. Compensation/NDA’s/yadda yadda yadda. Make sure you bookmark this post because it won’t take long :sas2:

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Somewhere other than the for the company she called out 6 months ago. Did she only have two options: Be unemployed or work for ND?
Because if not then she's a c00n.
What you’re hoping for is righteousness but in terms of real world I feel you’re being naive here. Like champ said, no way a freelance writer (a black woman at that) just gets hired out the blue to lead naughty dog. I wasn’t born yesterday nah mean. I hope you’re right but I know this is a trend now, a playbook even. A playbook that Nike and the NFL exploited to reverse the negative perception while ultimately maintaining the same racist values at heart. This has nothing to do with a console war, it’s all about track records and reasoning. I think it’s clear why they doing this, I wouldn’t be shocked if she did a great job.

She’ll still receive her nikka wake up moment and she’ll ultimately leave the company. Compensation/NDA’s/yadda yadda yadda. Make sure you bookmark this post because it won’t take long :sas2:
Neither of you provided an alternative. You're suggesting this is a Naughty Dog problem when really it's an industry thing. I'm not going to fault her for taking pragmatic actions. And there's nothing mysterious about her hire, she appears to have the credentials. Who cares if it also serves as a PR boon for ND?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Neither of you provided an alternative. You're suggesting this is a Naughty Dog problem when really it's an industry thing. I'm not going to fault her for taking pragmatic actions. And there's nothing mysterious about her hire, she appears to have the credentials. Who cares if it also serves as a PR boon for ND?

They don’t actually care