Naughty Dog racist? (Update: Article writer was hired by Naughty Dog)

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Neither of you provided an alternative. You're suggesting this is a Naughty Dog problem when really it's an industry thing. I'm not going to fault her for taking pragmatic actions. And there's nothing mysterious about her hire, she appears to have the credentials. Who cares if it also serves as a PR boon for ND?
You're blaming the industry, but the industry is a collective and they partake in a problem that is bigger than just industry but it's a societal issue. With that being said and/or understood that leads us to why is this happening and more importantly how will this ultimately PLAY OUT. Given the circumstances I'm expecting this to be more of a PR stunt than actual growth but I'm not saying let's not even see it play out. I just know it's bullshyt but if y'all wanna have hope that it's not? Then more power to you and I mean that. :handshake:
They don’t actually care
I believe you're likely a polish kid with a VPN in the states

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stuck my head back in this thread and was reminded how many dumb fukking posts there are in here on the first couple of pages :mjlol:

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
You're blaming the industry, but the industry is a collective and they partake in a problem that is bigger than just industry but it's a societal issue. With that being said and/or understood that leads us to why is this happening and more importantly how will this ultimately PLAY OUT. Given the circumstances I'm expecting this to be more of a PR stunt than actual growth but I'm not saying let's not even see it play out. I just know it's bullshyt but if y'all wanna have hope that it's not? Then more power to you and I mean that. :handshake:

I believe you're likely a polish kid with a VPN in the states
I'm not blaming the industry. As you said it's a symptom of society. But what you still haven't given is an alternative. Why not applaud her and show our kids this woman instead of calling her a "c00n". That fake militant shyt is corny.

The inherent problem doesn't lie in the industry being 99% Japanese and white dudes. The problem is the barrier to entry. I don't think you can necessarily frame something like the TLoU as "racist" (as gizmo pointed out in an earlier post). They probably just don't know what they don't know. Everyone has blind spots. You correct it by having more of us in the industry. What is your alternative?

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Wait so y’all spent the whole thread calling her and her article dumb, now y’all applauding naughty dog for hiring this “dumb writer” to write for the games you will inevitably stan.

Can’t make this shyt up. Sony stans wild :wow:
You never see this at Nintendo. At all. Reggie ran the company with quality.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
No way. Well good for her I guess. That article still was bs.

How was the article BS. Even white boys on Reset was like shyt got some truth to it. Naughty Dog full of shyt got dykes beating brute like black men. Lead black men no real screen time getting killed by dykes.

Black men killing themselves and blacks in general always being vulnerable.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
How was the article BS. Even white boys on Reset was like shyt got some truth to it. Naughty Dog full of shyt got dykes beating brute like black men. Lead black men no real screen time getting killed by dykes.

Black men killing themselves and blacks in general always being vulnerable.
:russ: yall crazy. What does her being lesbian have to do with this bruh? She whooped everybody's ass in that bytch, white/black/asian lmao. It was damn near genocide. But I do think it's insane that not a single black person from the main cast survives. That's like the oldest trope in the book but most of us are just used to it by now. A lot of white people probably don't give it a second thought though.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Nintendo the company that still doesn’t have one black character in almost 40 years
You serious? So I guess bullet bill doesn't count?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I'm not blaming the industry. As you said it's a symptom of society. But what you still haven't given is an alternative. Why not applaud her and show our kids this woman instead of calling her a "c00n". That fake militant shyt is corny.

The inherent problem doesn't lie in the industry being 99% Japanese and white dudes. The problem is the barrier to entry. I don't think you can necessarily frame something like the TLoU as "racist" (as gizmo pointed out in an earlier post). They probably just don't know what they don't know. Everyone has blind spots. You correct it by having more of us in the industry. What is your alternative?
First off, this is the year 2021 right?
Don’t you think you’re making excuses for this?
I mean think about it, you have gizmos approval :mjlol:

Here’s where white supremacy is winning, after acknowledging it exist you then have to understand how that has impacted you, me, everyone who lives in the society we talking about.

Once you do that you’ll begin to understand we have been trained subliminally to make excuses for it which is why we don’t correct it. That’s literally how they trained slaves:francis: Massa are we sick type shytt and you don’t even realize it.

While we talk intelligently about this I have to ask you, why do you give the whites and the Japanese a pass, and another pass, and another pass? Why is it that we can see what’s wrong but you assume they can’t just because they not black? Are we invisible? Do we matter?

It’s 2021, with things like cancel culture being as popular as it is, when it comes to blackness you don’t have to worry about shyt because “INSERT EXCUSE “

And then tell me I should be happy I got any representation at all (again it’s the year 2021)

I suggest since you’re asking that we hold the entire industry to a standard that holds them accountable. You know, like how white ppl was like :whoa: when the new god of war had black ppl in it, same with battlefield. People are actually fighting to keep us OUT of games. You are accepting the norm and you’re suggesting the only solution is to create our own. That would do absolutely nothing in terms of fixing the actual problem. That doesn’t make THEM care about black ppl. It really would signal they really don’t have to now. Then guess what happens?

Tyler Perry Games presents :merchant:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
First off, this is the year 2021 right?
Don’t you think you’re making excuses for this?
I mean think about it, you have gizmos approval :mjlol:

Here’s where white supremacy is winning, after acknowledging it exist you then have to understand how that has impacted you, me, everyone who lives in the society we talking about.

Once you do that you’ll begin to understand we have been trained subliminally to make excuses for it which is why we don’t correct it. That’s literally how they trained slaves:francis: Massa are we sick type shytt and you don’t even realize it.

While we talk intelligently about this I have to ask you, why do you give the whites and the Japanese a pass, and another pass, and another pass? Why is it that we can see what’s wrong but you assume they can’t just because they not black? Are we invisible? Do we matter?

It’s 2021, with things like cancel culture being as popular as it is, when it comes to blackness you don’t have to worry about shyt because “INSERT EXCUSE “

And then tell me I should be happy I got any representation at all (again it’s the year 2021)

I suggest since you’re asking that we hold the entire industry to a standard that holds them accountable. You know, like how white ppl was like :whoa: when the new god of war had black ppl in it, same with battlefield. People are actually fighting to keep us OUT of games. You are accepting the norm and you’re suggesting the only solution is to create our own. That would do absolutely nothing in terms of fixing the actual problem. That doesn’t make THEM care about black ppl. It really would signal they really don’t have to now. Then guess what happens?

Tyler Perry Games presents :merchant:

Can't argue this