Nas's Life Is Good Sales Projection 115-125k

criminology

hearse initiator
Daps
Reppin
Diamonds & Wood
I hate that hip hop became all about the sales. fukking liquid swords and ob4cl only went gold. Doesn't mean they're not better music than nearly any album that's gone 5x plat. I know sales are important but I miss the days when no one gave a shyt and just loved the music.

GETTINIT23

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Second week drop will be staggering. Bank on it. His fans showed up this week.

A lot of his fans and new bandwagon fans showed up and saw the nas section sold out...its all over twitter...that will resonate in people's mind tho.... i went back to the best buy i bought mine at yesterday and all t shirt bundles and deluxe versions were sold out....this definately was not a marketing ploy, this was Def Jam thinking nas wasnt gunna break 100k and undershipped the album.....but the physical copy is suddenly becoming something unattainable and its human nature to want something you cant have

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
A lot of his fans and new bandwagon fans showed up and saw the nas section sold out...its all over twitter...that will resonate in people's mind tho.... i went back to the best buy i bought mine at yesterday and all t shirt bundles and deluxe versions were sold out....this definately was not a marketing ploy, this was Def Jam thinking nas wasnt gunna break 100k and undershipped the album.....but the physical copy is suddenly becoming something unattainable and its human nature to want something you cant have

Yea i got mine online with the shirt but my friend was going to get his at Best Buy for the black shirt, but it was sold out...i got mine thou :manny:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
If someone told you Nas got a XXL rating, predominatly good reviews across several big critic outlets, number 1 on i-tunes in several countries and is about to have his 6th number 1 Billboard album in his third decade and was sold out in several stores...would you still consider it a flop?

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
If someone told you Nas got a XXL rating, predominatly good reviews across several big critic outlets, number 1 on i-tunes in several countries and is about to have his 6th number 1 Billboard album in his third decade and was sold out in several stores...would you still consider it a flop?

No I wouldn't. Add to the fact that he has zero songs being played on the radio. We all know that radio singles still push the album sales with the casual fan.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
nikkas prolly waiting to payday to cop.

Im Expecting an unprecedented sales boost on Friday and Saturday

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
nikkas prolly waiting to payday to cop.

Im Expecting an unprecedented sales boost on Friday and Saturday

i'm not defjam is notorious for undershipping albums and i dont expect people to go out more than once looking for album

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Today's rap fan favors mindlessness. Something this introspective and soulful isn't going to appeal to the dumbass, sheep-mentality masses.

That's partially reflected in the sales figures (in addition to, as said, DefJam undershipping the album. In fact, that's likely WHY DefJam undershipped the album.)

And if the numbers DO spike, it'll be because those same sheep ass bastids will have bought the album because somebody told them to, or because it was the "in" thing to do....

I don't hate rap....I hate rap's fans. :rudy:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
why are you blaming or really accusing Def Jam of undershipping a Nas album? Im sure they looked at the sales climate and put out a good amount of physical copies. We are in a digital age for the most part. Stores aint really willing to buy a bunch of cd's from a company anymore unless you are at the top of the genre you make music for.

and Nas is a legend but he's not a so-called best selling bracket anymore. I think Nas target these days are Gold albums. Thats a realistic goal for about 90% of the artists that puts out music.

in 2012:
Nas =A list rapper. A list sales for the rap genre
Nas= B list sales for an artist in general

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Go in Target or Best Buy now and I bet you cant find 50% of any rappers catalogue or any artist for that matter. They dont stock them shyts like that. Record stores did.

Target and them stock whats currently out for the most part and past top selling albums.