Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Some of the fools on my FB are idiots...one dude called the album trash when it wasn't out for 30 minutes. This isn't a classic by any stretch but anyone that thinks this is bad doesn't care about lyricism at all.

T.H.E. Goat

On the road to riches
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where The Grass Is Blue
Al Jarreau and Royalty are instant skips, Beautiful Life too depending on my mood

Highly Favored, It Never Ends, and Queensbridge Politics are my favorites....peak Nas songs

Everything else is solid

tonyclifton

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Funny thing is now people DL albums makes no sense to me.

Like really you can’t even get a free trial on some streaming shyt to give an artist you all love some support

Not 6 certs, 6 figures for sure

More like 6 cents and 6 dollars with no debit card

Last edited:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Between these romper room ass beats and trash singing hooks :wow:

and the fine line between stream of consciousness raps and inane rambling that Nas seems to have lost sight of :blessed:

Half this album is disjointed and down right saccharine but four jem stars stand out

Dope songs:
"Vernon Family"
"War Against Love"
"You Mean the World to Me"
"The Art of It" (ignoring the hook)

Would have been dope but:
"QueensBridge Politics" (That bullshyt about wishing he didn't make the book and the fukked up "tall as a tree" line makes me lose the last little bit of respect for Nas I had but he never had any real love for P in the first place sooo...The song Mega(Nas is too scared to ever speak his name on wax again it seems) and Havoc did was better anyway.....what a piece of shyt if you think this is a sincere tribute you might be actually mentally retarded)

"Royalty" (what the fukk was that?) and "Skatt Attack" are the worst Nas songs ever made.....nuff said

Go listen to RI.P's "Hegelian Dialectic" or Cormega's "MEGA" EP for real grown man QB rap

Nas is washed :flabbynsick:

Mega is that you?

Ball

All Star
Daps
Why is Kid Capri all in Nas’ comments? I hope it’s not shade. He posted the same thing on 2 of Nas’ posts.

I think he's a big nas fan and I see him kinda riding for/tweeting about Nas at times. Probably felt like he should've gotten an opportunity to do some songs.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In terms of Grammy consideration, what the Jareau track will do is open it up to the non-hip hop purist, the critics that look more at the creative side an the ground breaking side of Nas. Its those same critics that raved over bridging the gap and I can. If that will help his chances, then cool because that will help us get more of the vaults.