Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
In terms of Grammy consideration, what the Jareau track will do is open it up to the non-hip hop purist, the critics that look more at the creative side an the ground breaking side of Nas. Its those same critics that raved over bridging the gap and I can. If that will help his chances, then cool because that will help us get more of the vaults.

I swear on ALLAH i want him to win one for Jarraeu Of Rap just to see the haters EXPLODE

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Someone got a download link they can send me? I know someone posted one already but these pages are flying

Hammer

Banned
Daps
lol at Nas releasing a 20 yr old compilation tape. how about releasing some new shyt? Nasir was horrible. no wonder he releasing old shyt, cuz hes trash now

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Lol. His whole reason for making the song was somebody being "kinda cold" to him in a restaurant, so he decided to rant about people who he considers pretentious but who in the same song he admits are correct.

I'm a Nas fan for 20 years, but he's made his fair share of inaccurate claims in his songs, and his fair share of songs that aren't well thought out. Trackmasters made him rewrite 'If I Ruled The World' a bunch of times because it didn't make sense (arguably that song still has some weird lines).

I've never heard this before. Can someone verify this? :jbhmm: @Ziggiy @spliz @Illeye buckmatic

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just did a quick listen through. Im very relieved. shyts pretty dope.

That trash ass Jarreau single had me scared.:whew:

The swizz tracks impressed me. I wasn’t expecting much from him.

Last edited:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Funny thing is now people DL albums makes no sense to me.

Like really you can’t even get a free trial on some streaming shyt to give an artist you all love some support

Not 6 certs, 6figures for sure

More like 6 cents and 6 dollars with no debit card
My friend has tidal and says it's not on there?

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Still can’t believe the same kid that was on live at the bbq in 1991 is here today. You can’t ask for anything better from a guy that’s been around for damn near 30 years! People criticizing while rappers these days are begging for relevance after a year to 5 years. This collection is dope and I even like the Scat joint, no it’s not the best song but it ain’t completely terrible. Nas be trying shyt and I appreciate that. It’s better than him trying to rap over trap beats and shyt.