Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

DeuceZ

Li pitit gason
Daps
Reppin
3rd Rock From the Sun
:blessed::blessed::blessed: Thanks Esco

Standouts off 1st listen
No bad energy
Lost Freestyle
Tanasia
Adult Film
War Against Love
The Art of It
Queens Wolf
It never ends
Queensbridge Politics

:wow:

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
I've never heard this before. Can someone verify this? :jbhmm: @Ziggiy @spliz @Illeye buckmatic

The Making of Nas' 'It Was Written'

Nas: We worked on “If I Ruled the World” for probably two months.

Poke: Nas did a couple of those verses over because it just didn’t work for the concept of the record. Some of the lines didn’t work with some of the records that we were doing, across the board. But sometimes it was just magic and everything worked.

As an artist, sometimes you get tunnel-vision and you don’t see every other aspect. Nas would always ask, “What do you think about this? What do you think about that?” and we would give him our real opinion, like, “Nah, I don’t think that verse will work” or “I don’t think that line works."

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
The Making of Nas' 'It Was Written'

Nas: We worked on “If I Ruled the World” for probably two months.

Poke: Nas did a couple of those verses over because it just didn’t work for the concept of the record. Some of the lines didn’t work with some of the records that we were doing, across the board. But sometimes it was just magic and everything worked.

As an artist, sometimes you get tunnel-vision and you don’t see every other aspect. Nas would always ask, “What do you think about this? What do you think about that?” and we would give him our real opinion, like, “Nah, I don’t think that verse will work” or “I don’t think that line works."

I don't know what this proves. That Nas asked for feedback, and made sure his verses fit the concept of the song?

You made it seem like Nas had the entire song written and recorded, then the Trackmasters told him that none of it worked so Nas had to do multiple versions of the song until they were satisfied with it. It just sounds like there were certain lines he had to work on and he ended up rewriting his verses because of him needing to get the concept right.

CourtesyFlush

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Listened to first 5 songs so far. Love it. HOWEVER, please tell me there are some "Blaze a 50" type joints on there! It's got a Life Is Good vibe so far, an album I loved, but I also love me some gangster Nas shyt