Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

Ball

All Star
Daps
I REALLY want to see Nas win his first Grammy for this compilation. Beautiful fukking music brehs:wow:

It's fukking beautiful. It's a perfect culmination of the greatness of his story telling, beat riding, and flowing abilities. The production is so good.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Loved that little line that can be seen as a shot to 69...

“Never do it for clout,
Don’t snitch,
If it was me do my bid,
And just look at it as paying my taxes” or some shyt like that..
Hardest line to me in the album. I don’t even remember what song it’s on because so much shyt on this to keep listening to. Good Album to bump all throughout this weekend.

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
How is this your understanding?
Nasir Jones is not for education now?
Maybe you're not familiar with his work

Lol. His whole reason for making the song was somebody being "kinda cold" to him in a restaurant, so he decided to rant about people who he considers pretentious but who in the same song he admits are correct.

I'm a Nas fan for 20 years, but he's made his fair share of inaccurate claims in his songs, and his fair share of songs that aren't well thought out. Trackmasters made him rewrite 'If I Ruled The World' a bunch of times because it didn't make sense (arguably that song still has some weird lines).

Last edited:

Ball

All Star
Daps
In Royalty from 0:54 to 1:02. I love when nas raps like this depicting emotion. how he ends with the slowed down 'deep cut' and then a slight pause. shyt is story telling at it's finest.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
"Adult Film

:mjlol: potentially

I can hear Swizz yelling sexual provocations, with a lot of whistles in the background

HOLD UP (WHISTLE NOISE, HORN SOUND)

PANTS DOWN...PANTIES OFF....BRA OFF.....TOPS OFF

(WHISTLE NOISE)

NOW PUT EM BACK ON AGAIN"

What I said, (all in fun) and it's actually maybe in my top 5 on the track. Running the Lost freestyle now, his personification of the drug game in that verse was a throwback to the Esco era, what an effortless return to form, that verse would not have been out of place on IWW, or an unreleased 1998 song, it sounds like the last verse of "Watch Dem nikkas".

Ball

All Star
Daps
"Could you imagine Nas the exec?
The artist on the masters controlling your release
Probably they wanna wait 'til I'm deceased to honor me
So my product'll be a big commodity
Not bothered if my son and daughter eat off of me
Cautiously I write this next line honestly 'cause I'm a G, there's no beef
I used to open off making fifty G's
But now I spend that on a diamond to make her neck freeze"

This shyt off of "The Art of It" was insane :noah::ohlawd: