Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
the ocean
Unnecessary misogyny on this second track from someone accused of beating women :snoop::what:

Naslost.jpg

Ball

All Star
Daps
I'm telling y'all man, a lot of these songs sound like they could've released in the 90s with how exquisite his flow is.

Listening to this in 2019 is like finding gold. I'm so disgusted at the current trend of rap being catchy mumble rap. Songs just aren't the same anymore. They used to be stories/lessons. Now there just about who can be the most catchy.

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
I dunno you only breh struggling with it. Pretty straight forward :lolbron:

he's attacking character flaws not the act of progression.

song gives several examples and isn't about one person or scenario.

first verse old neighbourhood acquaintance.

later on he's talking about an older head civil rights era dude.

concepts... we've all met these types

:snoop:

Yeah I get it. I just thought he could have made his point clearer. The first verse sounds petty, and overall it just sounds vague so his references to college degrees and somebody suggesting black people vote don't sit very well.

I think this is an ongoing problem with Nas making social commentary/political songs, he's usually not good at it. Most of the album is great though, so a few songs I don't like doesn't bother me.

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
Yolanda's House. The Hilton. And countless other ghost tracks. Great stories/concepts. He's a GOAT contender
You believing Nas is a better storyteller than Ghost is fine. They're both great storytellers...two of the best storytellers to ever do it. It's up to preference. My issue is you saying that Ghost would've jumped on that track and been all over the place, which sounds stupid and makes me know that you're not too familiar with his music. I can post a litany of Ghost concept tracks where he not only adheres to the concept but he gets as creative as anybody could wish a MC to get on a storytelling track. But I won't derail the thread.

And East definitely better than Lupe. It is what it is.

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
now you trolling:comeon:... good day sir

I'm not. Explain to me where the honor in death is? Maybe if you die on the battlefield or rescuing kids from a burning building. Other than that, you just died because you died.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Yeah I get it. I just thought he could have made his point clearer. The first verse sounds petty, and overall it just sounds vague so his references to college degrees and somebody suggesting black people vote don't sit very well.

I think this is an ongoing problem with Nas making social commentary/political songs, he's usually not good at it. Most of the album is great though, so a few songs I don't like doesn't bother me.

Are you even Black?

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I don't like every track, and I won't listen to every track, but it's perfect for Nas in his career right now. I would love some of the 90's stuff too, but lol @ us thinking Nas would be stuck in 98, when he has always moved forward quicker than everyone of his peers. Also, interesting for me, that the ones I thought would be whatever, "No Bad Energy" are my favorites, while some of the more anticipated ones, aren't nearly as compelling for me. That's a beauty here though, everyone already has different favorite tracks and moments.

*I like his little nods to BIG, crazy thinking how long it has been, since we first heard those bars, I was 12 in 1997

*Curious as to the recording of some tracks, No Bad Energy has that early 2000's Nas feel, almost like Every Ghetto, but it's way more recent than that, just due to the title, and hook. No one was saying "Bad Energy" in 2002.