Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

jimbean

Pro
Daps
tumblr_ooczgjdcI21r94h9do1_540.gif

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
Between these romper room ass beats and trash singing hooks :wow:

and the fine line between stream of consciousness raps and inane rambling that Nas seems to have lost sight of :blessed:

Half this album is disjointed and down right saccharine but four jem stars stand out

Dope songs:
"Vernon Family"
"War Against Love"
"You Mean the World to Me"
"The Art of It" (ignoring the hook)

Would have been dope but:
"QueensBridge Politics" (That bullshyt about wishing he didn't make the book and the fukked up "tall as a tree" line makes me lose the last little bit of respect for Nas I had but he never had any real love for P in the first place sooo...The song Mega(Nas is too scared to ever speak his name on wax again it seems) and Havoc did was better anyway.....what a piece of shyt if you think this is a sincere tribute you might be actually mentally retarded)

"Royalty" (what the fukk was that?) and "Skatt Attack" are the worst Nas songs ever made.....nuff said

Go listen to RI.P's "Hegelian Dialectic" or Cormega's "MEGA" EP for real grown man QB rap

Nas is washed :flabbynsick:

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
not what he was saying.

he's talking about people that grow disconnected from their roots get distant and look down on their own folk.

how could you miss the whole point :gucci:

I knew what he was going for but the song isn't well written. It sounds petty, like he made a bunch of assumptions about that person, or black people in "white society" off of one awkward encounter in a restaurant.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I knew what he was going for but the song isn't well written. It sounds petty, like he made a bunch of assumptions about that person, or black people in "white society" off of one awkward encounter in a restaurant.
I dunno you only breh struggling with it. Pretty straight forward :lolbron:

he's attacking character flaws not the act of progression.

song gives several examples and isn't about one person or scenario.

first verse old neighbourhood acquaintance.

later on he's talking about an older head civil rights era dude.

concepts... we've all met these types

:snoop:

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
"now I gotta accept it because there is honor in death"

Nas sonning Prodigy QB haters like a father with maturity and high road.

R.I.P. P

Honestly when I heard that I though it was sarcasm. Prodigy died choking to death in a hospital bed. Where exactly does the honor come into play?