Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

Trace

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
I was nervous af after the single dropped and I lowered the hell out of my expectations, but I was wrong to do that.

Outside of that one song I can't see this being anywhere below a 4 but I gotta listen more and for a longer period. Only listened twice.

We eating this year with the amount of great bodies of work releasing. :ahh:

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Between these romper room ass beats and trash singing hooks :wow:

and the fine line between stream of consciousness raps and inane rambling that Nas seems to have lost sight of :blessed:

Half this album is disjointed and down right saccharine but four jem stars stand out

Dope songs:
"Vernon Family"
"War Against Love"
"You Mean the World to Me"
"The Art of It" (ignoring the hook)

Would have been dope but:
"QueensBridge Politics" (That bullshyt about wishing he didn't make the book and the fukked up "tall as a tree" line makes me lose the last little bit of respect for Nas I had but he never had any real love for P in the first place sooo...The song Mega(Nas is too scared to ever speak his name on wax again it seems) and Havoc did was better anyway.....what a piece of shyt if you think this is a sincere tribute you might be actually mentally retarded)

"Royalty" (what the fukk was that?) and "Skatt Attack" are the worst Nas songs ever made.....nuff said

Go listen to RI.P's "Hegelian Dialectic" or Cormega's "MEGA" EP for real grown man QB rap

Nas is washed :flabbynsick:

You looking for attention so fukk it. I got a little time. He’s washed by releasing a album of songs he didn’t feel should be on a album from like 17 years ago? That’s called wash? This album is for hardcore nas fans that want to listen to shyt he put in a vault. Then he puts these songs together for a album for his real fans. It ain’t to show he still got it or not. That’s what his real albums are for. So cut it out. This shyt bangs clown. (Called you a clown for mentioning mega. These dudes in their late 40’s and you talking about being scared)

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Still got a few tracks to go, so far its not as good as the OG lost tapes but still pretty good. Definitely best thing hes dropped since LIG