Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
It'll be interesting if he does...i think Nas got too much respect to say shyt about Sherm though

EDIT:

I think the joint could be about P's crew & Nas crew not really liking each other which fukked up their relationship, think P spoke about this...
You gotta think Lake gonna be mentioned has to be he was runnin wit Nas crew right up until SD dropped.I remember him being up on stage wit Jungle at the Central Park concert.

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state

the whole episode was funny and good

Physicals just went online :wow:

Nas | Official Store

Copped that TORCH shirt, 3-4 weeks delivery :stopitslime:

LT2 CD 5-6 weeks delivery :mjcry:

LT2 cassette 7-8 weeks delivery :sadbron:

seems like the tradition of me coppin physicals day of THEN listening is dead.

i gotta download the 1st rip then purchase the physical later

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its a very solid release y'all.

Was it me or, in Nas' explanation of the project, did it sound like he needed to work with Def Jam to get the Def Jam era tracks out. That explains why there is no Sony era stuff. Nas also said that all of the different volumes sound different. That indicates to me that perhaps he has already given future volumes some consideration and might be/night have already divided them up into era's and musical sound. God's Son to Street's Disciple is probably full of work. Post Illmatic to IWW too. Volume 3 will surely come out a couple of years after the next studio album though.

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
:hhh:

Jay has a history of dropping albums the same day NaS does starting with the MTV Unplugged album that tanked when Stillmatic was the #1 rap album in the country.
There is no conspiracy or anything crazy about this, these are facts.

Beyonce is a big enough artist to pick her release date, this is the camel doing this out of spite because his soul still burns
Bruh, the Beyoncé joint is released in conjunction with the Lion King movie that she stars in :dead: are you suggesting that Jay-Z convinced Disney to come up with the same release date for the Lion King movie/soundtrack as Nas’s album to try to fukk up his sales? :whoo: I seriously don’t think they have any beef. Stop feeding this nonsense.

RAW_SPK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
N.I.N.
Bruh, the Beyoncé joint is released in conjunction with the Lion King movie that she stars in :dead: are you suggesting that Jay-Z convinced Disney to come up with the same release date for the Lion King movie/soundtrack as Nas’s album to try to fukk up his sales? :whoo: I seriously don’t think they have any beef. Stop feeding this nonsense.

You know where you at bruh? Lmao thats exactly what they’re implying

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
Yea i came in here to say JUST that. But i LOVE the first verse and the sample so hopefully he ended it differently.

@BossMobb you mean the world to me is very similar to "it wasnt you" by dirty harry in that the stories AND production are minimal.

honestly the sanctity of the track is ruined by dj 31 degreez so im happy to hear a cdq version.