Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I know about these. There’s “You Mean The World To Me” as well. Nas and Ye been talking about doing a project together since around this time. Which is why I said what I said.

Anddddd we have We Major as well. Matter fact Shut The fukk Up breh. You tried to make a point and it was trash. Just take the L and retreat Blood. I feel like you needed to hear that today :unimpressed:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
My fellow Nas stans

Lets NOT start bickering amongst one another. Its all good to have healthy debates but I saw this same thing happen when LIG was about to drop. Anticipation was at an all time high but we started buckering and arguing over the littlest shyt.

Lets all stand united!

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
:dahell:

Again my man, not to keep beating this into the ground but I own several of his albums on vinyl that my dad bought back in the day and used to play when I was a kid. You're acting like he was some fringe artist that it's so unbelievable people rocked with him that are also into hip-hop. He won over 10 grammys and has numerous multi platinum albums. You don't exactly have to go deep crate digging to find an Al Jarreau record. :heh:

He had notable recognition on a mainstream level. I still remember Tommy Davidson's stand-up routine poking fun at his style. He was for all intents and purposes a pop artist based on his notoriety, even though his background was in jazz.

You have to be on the younger side to be surprised or not know about any of this. Playing his music coming up was no different than having Anita Baker, Phyllis Hyman, Stevie Wonder or any other artist of that era that got play on your local soul or easy listening station. Like I said, go peep the threads that have been made about him or any of the RIP threads made the day he died. It was even stickied if I'm not mistaken.

zero is another nas hater pay him no mind

Are they gonna drop either a Swizz or RZA track today or Nas was just fukking with nikkas?

2 days breh LOL jus wait

look At EM! Hoppin in the nas dikk again :mjlol:. Told yall that was gon happen

factual

some of those posts were very scary

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I think their process to make an album is complete different...Kanye is the type to just stay locked up in the studio for a few months...while Nas doesn't seem to be a studio rat, seems like he draws inspirations from real life & then records....

I actually like Kanye production on NASIR & i felt like Nas didn't come up to par as usual tbh but i think that's because he probably wrote his verses very rushed...

Still a decent album though..
@Piff Perkins kind of blew my mind when talking about NASIR and said that Nas' flow was off because he typically raps to the drums, and NASIR had a lot of drumless joints or joints with lighter drums. I think he's onto something there.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Queens Wolf

Vernon Family

Thank you!

So far I've heard snippets for Lost Freestyle, Tanasia, Beautiful Life, and now Vernon Family and Queens Wolf.

I was skeptical about this project before I heard Skatt Attack. All sound dope to me.

I'm officially tapping out on anymore snippets, and I'm glad no one posted snippets of the other RZA joint, either of the Pete Rock joints, or the Alchemist joint. I'm gonna stay away from those until tomorrow night.

Man it's been a good 4 weeks for hip-hop.

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
Jay: *Calling up Robert Iger*- Hello?

Iger: Good afternoon Mr. Z? How are you today?

Jay: Pretty good Homie! Listen I need a little personal favor.

Iger: Name it! You want a private day at Animal Kingdom for Blue’s birthday? We’re doing a Camel themed event this year.

Jay: Nah nah. You know we agreed that Bey would do both the soundtrack and solo album for the Lion King joint?

Iger: Yes sir Mr. Z! We’re very happy with the way things are lining up! We’ve got a big marketing blitz lined up that i’m sure you and your wife will be happy with!

Jay: Yea yea. Check it though, I know we had a date already set. But we need to have the Solo album release on July 19th. This is of PARAMOUNT importance!

Iger: Well....Mr. Z

Jay: Call me Hov

Iger: Uh..ok. Hov. We’ve already spent several MILLION dollars in marketing materials for the original release date. We want to make sure that we have maximum capitalization on this movie for at least the next 4 weeks.

Jay: Yea I get it. But check this. Have you ever heard of Nas?

Iger: Why yes! My kids love that song I know i can be what i want to be! Nas is indeed for the children.

Jay: Yea actually thats Wu-Tang. But whatever Look. About 20 years ago, there was this joint called Ether. And it was...uh...very uneasy...like very vulgar...

Iger: Mr Z...I mean Hov. I’m not following

Jay: Look, Nas got an album- well a collection of unreleased joints dropping on the 19th. I want Bey’s album to drop on the 19th. Same day.

Iger: But Hov! We’ve been planning these releases for almost two years! I don’t understand why we’d go against all of this careful planning and preparation just to release on the same day as Nas!

Jay: Look. I know you don’t get it. But we need to do this! And trust me, you guys don’t want it with Hov! Ask Nas he don’t want it with Hov!

Iger: By the way Hov. How exactly are you calling my private house phone? I didn’t even give you my numbers.

Jay: Thats food for thought you gone have to do the dishes on that one. Look word on the internet is that my soul stay burnin. And I gotta prove a point. So are we good for the 19th Bob?

Iger: *Grumbles* Sure Hov. It’ll take some convincing with the Board. But why not? Anything for a pal.

Jay: Appreciate you buddy!
:mjlol::russ::heh:
:deadmanny::deadrose::dead::pachaha: