Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Jay: *Calling up Robert Iger*- Hello?

Iger: Good afternoon Mr. Z? How are you today?

Jay: Pretty good Homie! Listen I need a little personal favor.

Iger: Name it! You want a private day at Animal Kingdom for Blue’s birthday? We’re doing a Camel themed event this year.

Jay: Nah nah. You know we agreed that Bey would do both the soundtrack and solo album for the Lion King joint?

Iger: Yes sir Mr. Z! We’re very happy with the way things are lining up! We’ve got a big marketing blitz lined up that i’m sure you and your wife will be happy with!

Jay: Yea yea. Check it though, I know we had a date already set. But we need to have the Solo album release on July 19th. This is of PARAMOUNT importance!

Iger: Well....Mr. Z

Jay: Call me Hov

Iger: Uh..ok. Hov. We’ve already spent several MILLION dollars in marketing materials for the original release date. We want to make sure that we have maximum capitalization on this movie for at least the next 4 weeks.

Jay: Yea I get it. But check this. Have you ever heard of Nas?

Iger: Why yes! My kids love that song I know i can be what i want to be! Nas is indeed for the children.

Jay: Yea actually thats Wu-Tang. But whatever Look. About 20 years ago, there was this joint called Ether. And it was...uh...very uneasy...like very vulgar...

Iger: Mr Z...I mean Hov. I’m not following

Jay: Look, Nas got an album- well a collection of unreleased joints dropping on the 19th. I want Bey’s album to drop on the 19th. Same day.

Iger: But Hov! We’ve been planning these releases for almost two years! I don’t understand why we’d go against all of this careful planning and preparation just to release on the same day as Nas!

Jay: Look. I know you don’t get it. But we need to do this! And trust me, you guys don’t want it with Hov! Ask Nas he don’t want it with Hov!

Iger: By the way Hov. How exactly are you calling my private house phone? I didn’t even give you my numbers.

Jay: Thats food for thought you gone have to do the dishes on that one. Look word on the internet is that my soul stay burnin. And I gotta prove a point. So are we good for the 19th Bob?

Iger: *Grumbles* Sure Hov. It’ll take some convincing with the Board. But why not? Anything for a pal.

Jay: Appreciate you buddy!

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

You nailed :huhldup:'s speaking style LOL.

BTW is that a xylophone in the Queens Wolf beat? :ahh:

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
:what:

Am I reading this wrong, or are you somehow dissing Al Jarreau? The man put out classic music all throughout his career and was a staple sound for alot of cats growing up in the 80s cuz our parents fukked with it.

Hell, go peep some of the RIP threads on this site from when he passed 2 years ago.

Put some respek on that man's name.

:ufdup:
my grandma would come down from heaven or whever to bytch slap me if i ever talked bad about Al Jarreau

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
Yeah something tells me QB Politics is gonna ruffle some feathers.

It'll be interesting if he does...i think Nas got too much respect to say shyt about Sherm though

EDIT:

I think the joint could be about P's crew & Nas crew not really liking each other which fukked up their relationship, think P spoke about this...

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The QB Politics joint was done almost a decade ago right? Wonder if it was updated after P's death?