Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
is it Friday yet?

I don't get the concern that the album might be bad because of the single (which I loved personally), did you all forget about RZA x2, Pete Rock x2, Alchemist, No ID, Toomp? And all the dope guest appearance verses he dropped between LIG and Nasir?

I don't see any way this album isn't going to be great, at the very least we'll get a handful of classic tracks

Nas is going to shut alot of people up come Friday. He has alot of hate thrown his way these days.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
is it Friday yet?

I don't get the concern that the album might be bad because of the single (which I loved personally), did you all forget about RZA x2, Pete Rock x2, Alchemist, No ID, Toomp? And all the dope guest appearance verses he dropped between LIG and Nasir?

I don't see any way this album isn't going to be great, at the very least we'll get a handful of classic tracks
Album will be super fire

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I’m ready to hear that shyt. Will it drop like midnight or something like that? Like when will it be up and available?

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Which ones?
Untitled - hero"...even tho I liked that song but didn't really fit the mood of the album in my opinion

Matter fact that's the only album I can think of ......was going say SD but the street single was thief theme and bringing the gap was hard in my opinion....kind of different

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Untitled - hero"...even tho I liked that song but didn't really fit the mood of the album in my opinion

Matter fact that's the only album I can think of ......was going say SD but the street single was thief theme and bringing the gap was hard in my opinion....kind of different
Just A Moment was also a single from that one as well. I feel like You Know My Style couldve been a single.

Hip Hop Is Dead shoulda had Black Republicans, Let There Be Light and Still Dreamin as singles.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Doo Rags
No Ideas Original
Everybody’s Crazy
Purple
Black Zombie
Nothing Last Forever

Those are the Stillmatic leftovers. Everything else was from the OG I Am sessions

Stillmatic could've easily been the GOAT 2000s album if he left some of these instead of shyt like Rule and Braveheart party

fukking Nas this nikkas the clear goat but doesnt pick good beats or arrange his albums right :wow:

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Wasn't Stillmatic gonna be Nastalgia (dope ass album title btw, I hope he still uses this one day) at one point? Doo Rags, Nothing Lasts Forever, 2nd Childhood and that Memories joint over the Alicia Keys "You Don't Know My Name" beat all kinda fit in that theme but then the beefs with Jay and Mega heated up and he went into angry blackout war mode slash more political-minded

I also remember him saying back in the day he was gonna call his retirement album Nas Writes No More

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Stillmatic could've easily been the GOAT 2000s album if he left some of these instead of shyt like Rule and Braveheart party

fukking Nas this nikkas the clear goat but doesnt pick good beats or arrange his albums right :wow:

I like Rule:yeshrug:

Braveheart Party however:picard:

I’ll never forget I was reading this 5 star review of Stillmatic (maybe from allhiphop or rap reviews) and when they got to talking about Braveheart Party the reviewer was like “I’ll just pretend I wasn’t invited”:russ: