Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Were all of them I Am material? I want to say some tracks were before, and some after. No Ideas Original was Stillmatic era right.
If them songs came out when they was supposed to I Am wouldve been a certified classic. No question. It’s like 3 or 4 tracks from Stillmatic era I believe.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Were all of them I Am material? I want to say some tracks were before, and some after. No Ideas Original was Stillmatic era right.

Doo Rags
No Ideas Original
Everybody’s Crazy
Purple
Black Zombie
Nothing Last Forever

Those are the Stillmatic leftovers. Everything else was from the OG I Am sessions

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I finally peeped the new song.

It's not wack it's just....too out there and not for me. Cats dikk ride rappers that can't rap....rappers that OD on auto-tune....junkie rappers....but this song is wack? I don't like it at all but The Booth is wild, man.

Fred.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Yeah the OG no ideas original was on some versions of stillmatic. Not sure if Best Buy or circuit city, etc.

wherever I bought it though it was on my copy as a bonus track along with everybody’s crazy.

Daps
I wonder what the producers who didn't make the cut are thinkin right now...Timbo, Large Pro, Primo...like my shyt didn't make the album but this did? Lol...

"Now P....you know if you woulda came to him with that fukking 'Cop shot the kid, cop shot the kid" he woulda looked at you like 'What the fukk are you doing?? The fukk are you playin right now?"

:mjlol:

Last edited:

flah_neon

Rookie
Daps
I never really saw "Small World" as an experiment. It's just another great storytelling joint in a long list of great storytelling joints from Nas. "Undying Love" is more of an experiment from that album.

"Shoot Em Up" I can see because it was weird to rap over.

I didn't cover "Who Killed It" because the post I was replying to already mentioned it.
i meant big things not small world

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
Yeah the OG no ideas original was on some versions of stillmatic. Not sure if Best Buy or circuit city, etc.

wherever I bought it though it was on my copy as a bonus track along with everybody’s crazy.

my stillmatic has everybodys crazy, no ideas original and black zombies

in retrospect i realized i never really listened to the lost tapes. maybe twice

Thief's Theme

All Star
Daps
is it Friday yet?

I don't get the concern that the album might be bad because of the single (which I loved personally), did you all forget about RZA x2, Pete Rock x2, Alchemist, No ID, Toomp? And all the dope guest appearance verses he dropped between LIG and Nasir?

I don't see any way this album isn't going to be great, at the very least we'll get a handful of classic tracks