Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

Daps
I can't even front, wasn't feeling this shyt AT ALL the first couple of times I played it.

But I played this shyt multiple times driving to work tonight stuck in traffic. This shyt is catchy as fukk and grew on me and is now stuck in my head. The trumpeting at the end by Keyon and just hearing Al's vocals at the end.......this shyt has grown on me like crazy.

First off, if you're an 80s baby like me and you're not a fan of Al Jarreau, then you fukking lost. :yeshrug:

"Spain" is one of those tracks that instantly brings me back to my childhood growing up in the Reagan era with my parents cleaning the crib on a Saturday with this record on the turntable.

Never in a million years would I have thought Nas in 2019 would choose a lead single paying homage to that man, but it worked out IMO.

His flow is incredible, it's creative. Only thing that still leaves me wanting is the chorus. Not feeling how it makes it sound like Nas is basically screaming over the sample "HARMONY AND MELODY!!:damn::damn::damn:, and the beat, while catchy, isn't groundbreaking.

But I will also say had any number or lesser known underground MCs did this same exact song, there's no doubt a good portion of Nas stans would probably be shytting on it.

Last edited:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I can't even front, wasn't feeling this shyt AT ALL the first couple of times I played it.

But I played this shyt multiple times driving to work tonight stuck in traffic. This shyt is catchy as fukk and grew on me and is now stuck in my head. The trumpeting at the end by Keyon and just hearing Al's vocals at the end.......this shyt has grown on me like crazy.

First off, if you're an 80s baby like me and you're not a fan of Al Jarreau, then you fukking lost. :yeshrug:

"Spain" is one of those tracks that instantly brings me back to my childhood growing up in the Reagan era with my parents cleaning the crib on a Saturday with this record on the turntable.

Never in a million years would I have thought Nas in 2019 would choose a lead single paying homage to that man, but it worked out IMO.

His flow is incredible, it's creative. Only thing that still leaves me wanting is the chorus. Not feeling how it makes it sound like Nas is basically screaming over the sample "HARMONY AND MELODY!!:damn::damn::damn:, and the beat, while catchy, isn't groundbreaking.

But I will also say had any number or lesser known underground MCs did this same exact song, there's no doubt a good portion of Nas stans would probably be shytting on it.

Welcome aboard :mjgrin:

Daps

:what:

Am I reading this wrong, or are you somehow dissing Al Jarreau? The man put out classic music all throughout his career and was a staple sound for alot of cats growing up in the 80s cuz our parents fukked with it.

Hell, go peep some of the RIP threads on this site from when he passed 2 years ago.

Put some respek on that man's name.

:ufdup:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
I got a question. When was the last dope RZA beat? Can someone point it to me? Cause for whatever reason im more worried about them RZA shyt’s than anything else. Lol

Imo 8 Diagrams and Better Tomorrow had some piff production, it just lacked that OG Wu energy. Ironically Nas would sound dope as fukk over some of those beats, maybe moreso than the Clan.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I got a question. When was the last dope RZA beat? Can someone point it to me? Cause for whatever reason im more worried about them RZA shyt’s than anything else. Lol
I thought these were solid :yeshrug: Most of These are also from the era of lost tapes 2

Btw on this last one Kanye auto tuned the Nina Simone sample, not RZA.

Metal Face

Superstar
Daps
RZA or Swizz is next...would rather hear Swizz

hope its a fire beat like this

:blessed:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
:what:

Am I reading this wrong, or are you somehow dissing Al Jarreau? The man put out classic music all throughout his career and was a staple sound for alot of cats growing up in the 80s cuz our parents fukked with it.

Hell, go peep some of the RIP threads on this site from when he passed 2 years ago.

Put some respek on that man's name.

:ufdup:
It just tickles me burgandy that people all of a sudden have Al Jarraeu albums on deck. :heh:

Ya'll can say what you want because it's your words against mine but what the fukk ever dog :dead: