Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
explain why you think its corny? from a musical and technical standpoint its dope own its on, regardless of the fact its a concept track

if you dont rock with Al Jarreau (who i've seen live a few times, RIP) i can understand your neglect but otherwise :camby:

c'mon breh, rondo blue a la turk is wack :gucci:

you cant even compare the two tracks, two totally different formats of jazz

If I don't like it I don't like it, that don't mean that I'm hatin' :yeshrug:

Plus I can compare one with the other cuz one is good and the other isn't

I guess Al Jarreau's song was also a flip of an even older jazz song

Man I don't fukk with this old ass Boardwalk Empire ass music either :mjlol:

New Jeruz Jewelz

Wavey Vertigo Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Check the rest of the albums stickied right now, even the recent de-stickied entries and you'll understand why Nas has been around so long. That's what's so funny about all the critism, this song will stand on its own for many years just for it's rarity.

Simple mathematics family

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
You guys are missing the point of the "LOST TAPES". They we're never suppose to be an all out A LIST of "CLASSIC SONGS" or turn out to be the PERFECT ALBUM, lost tapes are what it's suppose to be in the first place, unreleased songs that wasn't STRONG enough to make a PROJECT. PERIOD. Only Nas gets criticized to the CORE on anything he drops including his features he's on smh :camby:

Enjoy it for what it is. He never intended LOST TAPES 1 to be a CLASSIC, he just put out songs he thought should've been listened to instead of staying the vault and it so turns out that everyone rocked with them. But at the end of the day, they we're what they were, UNRELEASED Material. Take it and move on. :hubie:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
You guys are missing the point of the "LOST TAPES". They we're never suppose to be an all out A LIST of "CLASSIC SONGS" or turn out to be the PERFECT ALBUM, lost tapes are what it's suppose to be in the first place, unreleased songs that wasn't STRONG enough to make a PROJECT. PERIOD. Only Nas gets criticized to the CORE on anything he drops including his features he's on smh :camby:

Enjoy it for what it is. He never intended LOST TAPES 1 to be a CLASSIC, he just put out songs he thought should've been listened to instead of staying the vault and it so turns out that everyone rocked with them. But at the end of the day, they we're what they were, UNRELEASED Material. Take it and move on. :hubie:

Nah. It's not that they weren't strong enough for albums. Those songs weren't added for a variety of reasons - perhaps they didn't fit the vibe an album later took on, perhaps he felt the subject matter was addressed better by different tracks, perhaps samples weren't cleared in time, etc.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Nah. It's not that they weren't strong enough for albums. Those songs weren't added for a variety of reasons - perhaps they didn't fit the vibe an album later took on, perhaps he felt the subject matter was addressed better by different tracks, perhaps samples weren't cleared in time, etc.
Most of those tracks were on the I Am bootleg. They actually were intended for release but he ended up scrapping the original I Am and droppin it as a single disc.

GoodFLYyoung

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is it me or does it sounds as if it got mixed again???? sounds way better to me now..I honestly like it and hated it first..still not quite what I expected for LT2..but far from wack to me!

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Esco always pushin the culture forward...Got the computers putin with this one :wow:

giphy.gif

Evolution of the man and his music

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
I still don't know what Nas was thinking when he made that shyt:russ:

I know he was just fooling around on it which makes JOR very light-hearted but man....the more I listen to it the more I start to dislike it:francis:.

Oh well 3 more days:blessed:

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
I never really saw "Small World" as an experiment. It's just another great storytelling joint in a long list of great storytelling joints from Nas. "Undying Love" is more of an experiment from that album.

"Shoot Em Up" I can see because it was weird to rap over.

I didn't cover "Who Killed It" because the post I was replying to already mentioned it.

Doctor Knockboot was the experimental track on I am... In retrospect it should’ve been labeled an interlude. But that track is unique and quite relevant when you think about the me too movement the past few years. A track putting brothers on game.