Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Just A Moment was also a single from that one as well. I feel like You Know My Style couldve been a single.

Hip Hop Is Dead shoulda had Black Republicans, Let There Be Light and Still Dreamin as singles.

Nas was tryin to get Spike Lee to direct the video for Black Republican but when those punk ass Gomez brothers leaked it it killed the momentum.

I liked Can’t Forget About You as a single, he shot a video for Hustlers too but the director took the footage and disappeared with it. It leaked YEARS later like before Untitled dropped.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Yo. On another note. fukk is good with Nas and Damian Marley? Them nikkas was inseparable at one point.

They still cool. Damien still talks about Distant Relatives in interviews when its brought up.

They toured for a good year and a half off that album. Its not like they were going to become a permanent duo or anything. The only person I would say Nas is “inseparable” from is Jungle. And even THEY had tension at one point

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Wasn't Stillmatic gonna be Nastalgia (dope ass album title btw, I hope he still uses this one day) at one point? Doo Rags, Nothing Lasts Forever, 2nd Childhood and that Memories joint over the Alicia Keys "You Don't Know My Name" beat all kinda fit in that theme but then the beefs with Jay and Mega heated up and he went into angry blackout war mode slash more political-minded

I also remember him saying back in the day he was gonna call his retirement album Nas Writes No More

I think so, even after Stillmatic dropped he was talking about using the name. When he was in “Kill everyone in the industry” mode after the Hot 97 debacle he did an interview with Allhiphop and said his next three albums were going to be his last. He mentioned Death Of Escobar, Nastalgia, and Nas Writes No More as the album titles

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Nas is proud as hell of Scat Attack and I can’t even blame him. I mean honestly who COULD rap as well as he did over that beat? Watch Scat Attack be the song that finally wins him a Grammy and the Coli have an all time melt down[/QUOTE]

:russ:

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Flood the ig with RZA lol

Second song release tonight hopefully

I'm gonna vote for Swizz, Adult Film was the other track I was worried about besides Skatt Attack, we might as well get them out of the way now

Nah jus playin of course I'm sayin Rza, literally everybody is gonna say Rza lol :ahh:

Anyone who says Swizz :hhh:

Although if No Bad Energy is co-produced by araabmuzik, that shyt is likely fire

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
I think so, even after Stillmatic dropped he was talking about using the name. When he was in “Kill everyone in the industry” mode after the Hot 97 debacle he did an interview with Allhiphop and said his next three albums were going to be his last. He mentioned Death Of Escobar, Nastalgia, and Nas Writes No More as the album titles

Oh shyt, I remember that now! So he did still wanted to do Death of Escobar after Stillmatic and Lost Tapes for a brief time :ohhh:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
They still cool. Damien still talks about Distant Relatives in interviews when its brought up.

They toured for a good year and a half off that album. Its not like they were going to become a permanent duo or anything. The only person I would say Nas is “inseparable” from is Jungle. And even THEY had tension at one point
I liked their chemistry. They seemed like real friends. I hope we see more collabs. Nas was in top form performance wise when he was running with Damien. I also think Damien kept him kinda grounded and not so industry ish.

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Nas was tryin to get Spike Lee to direct the video for Black Republican but when those punk ass Gomez brothers leaked it it killed the momentum.

I liked Can’t Forget About You as a single, he shot a video for Hustlers too but the director took the footage and disappeared with it. It leaked YEARS later like before Untitled dropped.
Yea I remember when that Hustlers video leaked.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Nas is proud as hell of Scat Attack and I can’t even blame him. I mean honestly who COULD rap as well as he did over that beat? Watch Scat Attack be the song that finally wins him a Grammy and the Coli have an all time melt down

It won't