Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good thing we are in the streaming and playlists era! This song will not exist to me after the album drops and i create my playlist.

Surprisingly the song is getting good reviews on YouTube

I bought the album already too!!

Peace

Yup I bought it too.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
I'm dying going back and reading nas stans melting down over the "single". you're talking about an artist who had the same beat on 2 consecutive singles. No one will hear it anyway, he never really charted even in his prime. Excited for the album

And both of those singles are miles ahead of Jarreau of Rap lol.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
You rather some clean white rapper tap into a market outside of grimey street tales? This man writes children books now! Music is expression of self and that's what we forget to tune in for, it's not truly to please the listeners; it's for ones personal expression at that time. Nas is now big enough where he can be an artist and most true artists break out of any perceived mold placed upon them. It's natural that Nas would release this now and be proud that he did the unexpected.
No wtf lol. Nas is my favorite rapper. I like it but the purpose of a single is to lure you in. Album cuts which this is clearly is are part of making an album timeless.

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
I strongly agree but it shouldn't have been a single. Not even trying to be funny, I think it would be perfect for a children's movie OST. I personally like it and laughed my ass off at it being memed to the backyardigans

Nas also got that children book coming out, so this might not be put out there for no reason. Getting meme to death might get those book numbers moving for him as well :pachaha:.

RAW_SPK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
N.I.N.
Nas also got that children book coming out, so this might not be put out there for no reason. Getting meme to death might get those book numbers moving for him as well :pachaha:.
You know what...if this track is like an outtake from his children’s book then I take back
My slander lol