Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:

It’s the “lost tapes”. You gotta expect some stuff was lost for a reason.

Everybody should just calm down and get with the rhythm and the melody :ahh:

First Lost Tapes and a lot of his unreleased songs in general set a high ass bar though. Damn near every song on Lost Tapes is classic and he has a lot more unreleased classics. This song is not up to snuff with those. It ain't hard to tell why mad fans are disappointed, especially since the Lost Tapes is like a holy grail to Nas stans.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
First Lost Tapes and a lot of his unreleased songs in general set a high ass bar though. Damn near every song on Lost Tapes is classic and he has a lot more unreleased classics. This song is not up to snuff with those. It ain't hard to tell why mad fans are disappointed, especially since the Lost Tapes is like a holy grail to Nas stans.
It’s just a song. Y’all nikkas buggin. Nas got plenty of bad songs. Rhyming on this one was as sharp as ever. I’m sure there will be some great songs on the full tape.

I mean, looking at the tracklist, this looks like the worst one. What the hell did y’all think “skatt attack” was gonna be?

shyt just reading the tracklist and knowing what that kinda skatt Jazz music sounds like, I expected it to be worse :mjlol:

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Nas has one experimental song every album and people are surprised at this song. If you follow nas career, every album has something like this. Lost tapes 2 will be heat. Friday cant come soon enough.
True but why the fukk make this as a single smh

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol:

It’s the “lost tapes”. You gotta expect some stuff was lost for a reason.

Everybody should just calm down and get with the rhythm and the melody :ahh:

But there's not a bad track on LT1. This song is worse than every track on there. I'm not saying it's Ghetto Techno bad but come on.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
It’s just a song. Y’all nikkas buggin. Nas got plenty of bad songs. Rhyming on this one was as sharp as ever. I’m sure there will be some great songs on the full tape.

I mean, looking at the tracklist, this looks like the worst one. What the hell did y’all think “skatt attack” was gonna be?

shyt just reading the tracklist and knowing what that kinda skatt Jazz music sounds like, I expected it to be worse :mjlol:

Nas is never usually the weak part of weak Nas songs. It's usually everything else. He is rapping his ass off here as usual, it's just the beat and chorus are garbage.

But yeah I did see Skatt Atack in the tracklisting and go :dwillhuh:lol

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
True but why the fukk make this as a single smh
Yea now that is the major question. It should have not been the lead off. It would have flowed much better of he would have just released the album as a whole. This is not a song you release first. I agree. Now that song from the promo snippet would have been perfect.

dizzel

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas has one experimental song every album and people are surprised at this song. If you follow nas career, every album has something like this. Lost tapes 2 will be heat. Friday cant come soon enough.

What are all these experimental songs people keep alluding to besides “Who Killed It”?
Every album? What was Illmatic’s? IWW’s? LT1’s? Is Cherry Wine considered experimental? Off Nasir is it “Everything”?
LT2 can be amazing, but for him to give the world a small taste and it be this, was the wrong decision and don’t see how that could ever be defended.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
What are all these experimental songs people keep alluding to besides “Who Killed It”?
Every album? What was Illmatic’s? IWW’s? LT1’s? Is Cherry Wine considered experimental? Off Nasir is it “Everything”?
LT2 can be amazing, but for him to give the world a small taste and it be this, was the wrong decision and don’t see how that could ever be defended.
Iw - gave you power
Og i am - belly button window
Nastradamus -?????
Stillmatic - rewind
God son - book of rhyme's
Streets discipline - lead single, track he rapped like a girl with aids, unauthorized biography of rakim

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
But there's not a bad track on LT1. This song is worse than every track on there. I'm not saying it's Ghetto Techno bad but come on.
It’s ok. I could see if the rhyming was bad. Then that would have me worried.

But he talks about the expected reaction in the track

Nas said:
Everybody's not gon’ get you but keep going
I be cruising 40,000 feet like I'm a Boeing
Doubting me they said I would have no longevity
Instead I'm steadily rapping these fundamentals
I assemble these sentences
’Cause someone said that I've been unadventurous
I've been uninterested, living life is what matters
Chill, I'm the humble bragger
I could son a rapper, every one of you rappers

Vamonos, I be running you rappers
Adios, I don't see none of you rappers
All of y'all under me rappers
I need to golf, need a day to relax
Get a massage, Al Jarreau on the track
The Goat prophetic as ever :ahh:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Iw - gave you power
Og i am - belly button window
Nastradamus -?????
Stillmatic - rewind
God son - book of rhyme's
Streets discipline - lead single, track he rapped like a girl with aids, unauthorized biography of rakim
IWW: I Gave You Power
I Am: Undying Love,
Nastradamus: Last Words and Shoot Em Up.
Stillmatic: Rewind and One Mic.
God’s Son: Book Of Rhymes
Lost Tapes: Blaze A 50, Fetus
Streets Disciple: Sekou Story, Live Now, Makings Of A Perfect bytch.
Hip Hop Is Dead: Who Killed It?, Where Are They Now?
Untitled: Fried Chicken, Project Roach.
Life Is Good: Black James Bond