Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

deeman

All Star
Daps
Nas seems to have a good team and management behind him. Maybe this is a light troll and the rest of the album is God tier. Yes this is my cope.

Daps
Good thing we are in the streaming and playlists era! This song will not exist to me after the album drops and i create my playlist.

Surprisingly the song is getting good reviews on YouTube

I bought the album already too!!

Peace

New Jeruz Jewelz

Wavey Vertigo Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Nas has been around for damn near 3 decades, has his own label, yet has to resort to being a meme to get the attention of fans who have been fiending for this album for years, an album that's really designed to cater primarily to the hardcore Nas fans?

So in one breath your saying Nas did all these things right, lasted 3 decades, own a label but yet he screwed up by releasing a song that is being talked about every where :ohhh: , your right this is Nas and ppl don't react the same way to him Nasir was great and nothing but whining. This song is doing exactly what they want, Nas even said it on Nasir
"I know the consumer behavior, I target that" :patrice:

Last edited:

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Good thing we are in the streaming and playlists era! This song will not exist to me after the album drops and i create my playlist.

Surprisingly the song is getting good reviews on YouTube

I bought the album already too!!

Peace

Cuz its a good fukkin song :stopitslime: The Coli dont speak for the WORLD :russ: these posters think just cuz they get a lot daps they opinion is the consensus. Mental Illness smh

Daps
IWW: I Gave You Power
I Am: Undying Love,
Nastradamus: Last Words and Shoot Em Up.
Stillmatic: Rewind and One Mic.
God’s Son: Book Of Rhymes
Lost Tapes: Blaze A 50, Fetus
Streets Disciple: Sekou Story, Live Now, Makings Of A Perfect bytch.
Hip Hop Is Dead: Who Killed It?, Where Are They Now?
Untitled: Fried Chicken, Project Roach.
Life Is Good: Black James Bond
I’m just gonna add how Fried Chicken is such an underrated banger.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
The fact that Nas can flow his ASS off to such an....unorthodox beat such as this speaks to his overall talent as an MC.

90% of todays rappers wouldn’t know how to properly flow on a beat like this if you literally put a gun to their Mother’s heads and told them rap for her freedom...

From what Nas is saying on the track this is DEFINITELY A Hip Hop Is Dead leftover. I halfway expected this to be produced by Will I Am upon hearing the opening beat. And Nas was in super experimental mode trying to get his point across on that album.

Also people have to remember that Nas is the son of a Jazz Legend (Olu Dara) and has stated numerous times the influence that had on him as a child. I can imagine young Nas listening to Al Jarreau as a youngin.

All that said. The production is a little too “busy”’ so its very jarring off of first listen. Its one of those tracks that might’ve benefited from not being sampled so close to the original and reworked a bit, but then that probably wouldn’t have inspired him. Nas is one of those artists that is heavily inspired by nostalgia.

If this is the “worst” track on a 16 track album I can live with it. Nas has experimented on every single one of his albums since IWW and some of those tracks are classics (I Gave You Power, Undying Love, Rewind, Book Of Rhymes) while some are controversial (Live Now, Makings Of A Perfect bytch, Who Killed It)

You don’t get songs like Black Bond without Jarreau Of Rap. They all come from the same creative pool.

Also this should prove without a DOUBT that Nas writes his own shyt. Who else is going to write to and flow off something like THIS :russ:
I strongly agree but it shouldn't have been a single. Not even trying to be funny, I think it would be perfect for a children's movie OST. I personally like it and laughed my ass off at it being memed to the backyardigans

New Jeruz Jewelz

Wavey Vertigo Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I strongly agree but it shouldn't have been a single. Not even trying to be funny, I think it would be perfect for a children's movie OST. I personally like it and laughed my ass off at it being memed to the backyardigans

You rather some clean white rapper tap into a market outside of grimey street tales? This man writes children books now! Music is expression of self and that's what we forget to tune in for, it's not truly to please the listeners; it's for ones personal expression at that time. Nas is now big enough where he can be an artist and most true artists break out of any perceived mold placed upon them. It's natural that Nas would release this now and be proud that he did the unexpected.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
new song reminds me of a happy version of Shoot Em Up

he is flowin on the track but its def not his best.....

the one thing this song proves is that Lost Tapes 2 will not be as good as the first because that album didnt even have a debatable bad song on it...and i can tell this new track is a divider.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Iw - gave you power
Og i am - belly button window
Nastradamus -?????
Stillmatic - rewind
God son - book of rhyme's
Streets discipline - lead single, track he rapped like a girl with aids, unauthorized biography of rakim
He had a few songs on streets disciple, hip hop is dead, untitled. He usually has one unusual track.