Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Ohhh you have revisionist memory they HATED that shyt... "ohhh where the bass at shyt weak nobody wanna here that rappity shyt" Rosenberg had a lil late night grassroots hiphop slot then and folks trashed it. You gotta be well versed in hiphop and Nas period to know it is exist. I was playing it on my jbl a few weeks ago and this young kid who loves Nas (which is rare in 2019) couldn't believe it. Thought it was new shyt cuz the label buried it. I was yea Nikka. Its fire

Rosenberg in 2006 (so pre hot 97 ) hating on it isn’t everyone.
Generally speaking while it didn’t shut down anything it was welcomed pretty well

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Maaan y'all had me scared for a second, straight bugging this was not that bad.

Then again I fukked with WHO KILLED IT as well. Give me creative mediocrity over formulaic OK songs allday.

Could he have left this off,YES. But it's dope hearing him try sth new :yeshrug:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Is Nas even top 5 anymore? nikka fell off hard

Yes and we do this "He fell off hard, nah wait hes back, nah he fell off again, okay hes back" shyt with him for 20 plus years.
All the while hes still assembled some great music, some good music, some okay, some kinda weak and some bad....like any great artist who's been around that long.

dvdjamm

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California
This song is a result of being in the studio and creating something that went with a beat that is out of the norm..it's a decent song,but as any kind of single...nah.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas ain’t fall off. It's just some muthafukkas wanna say something about his beat selection. First they complained about as a whole, now its more on a song to song basis. When THE LOST TAPES 2 drops, they’ll be back on his dikk.

Last edited: