Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
Hey, let's not say things we can't take back. :whoa:

On one hand, I don't think it's fair to judge this album by the same standards as a brand new studio album. A compilation album of unreleased material isn't really meant to be that good. But considering the quality of the first Lost Tapes, and the fact that this is 17 years in the making, I guess that's the price you pay when you're following up an all-time classic.

Besides, if this album bombs, it will be Nas' Marshall Mathers LP 2. :mjgrin:

The first Lost Tapes was classic bro. You sound delusional

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
If that's your argument, I don't want to see how the sausage is made then lmao. This is just...not it. Not at this moment. Not your first single. Hell nah.

Anybody gonna be bumping this in the whip this weekend?
The thing that’s killing me is nikkas acting like we not fans of nas. He is all of our goat :mjcry: we can just realize when he got a swing and a miss.

I’m waiting for the first nikka to be on here after this weekend like “yo I was riding through the city and every stop light nikkas was like yo is that that new nas! :gladbron:” on some bullshyt :mjlol:

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
I think the album will be better than Nasir, more of a margin for error with more songs, we’ll see but I’d imagine this will maybe 4 mics. Will be disappointed a little if it’s less.

It will be. There's no way songs recorded with this many elite producers over the span of thirteen years will be worse than a project rushed while its sole producer was in meltdown mode.

At the same time, there's also no song on Nasir that is as bad as this, either. :francis:

Last edited:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
GOATsir got me like this:wow:
giphy.gif

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
The first Lost Tapes was classic bro. You sound delusional

Did you even read what I wrote? I said The Lost Tapes was an all-time classic, and part of the reason why is because it had the quality and cohesion you would expect from a studio album. But it's an exception. At the end of the day, it's still a compilation album, and those tend to be nowhere as good as The Lost Tapes. No one's sitting around calling Kendrick's untitled album a classic.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Think about it, this track may be doing exactly what the label wants, it's tied to memes, Twitter, critics which is a win if you think the finished product is fire. Set the tone with something that has us talking about the album. I know the minds involved have thought this out and expected this response
Nas has been around for damn near 3 decades, has his own label, yet has to resort to being a meme to get the attention of fans who have been fiending for this album for years, an album that's really designed to cater primarily to the hardcore Nas fans?