Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

Metal Face

Superstar
Daps

This is also on the tape from the Untitled sessions and leaked in 2011...it's decent. Better than that Backyardigans and Kanye My World track. :yeshrug:

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
Some real "marketing geniuses" over there at Mass Appeal. What a joke. After NASIR you would think his team would make this a smooth rollout. Instead, the only talk is about how bad the song is. I remember when the 3rd track on an album was guaranteed to be fire!! Smh.

The GOAT's album rollouts used to be :blessed:. Now they're cringeworthy.

I'm hoping the rest of the album is incredible in order to kinda make sense of this track as some sort of unique, experimental joint. (Ex: Kendrick's "Backseat freestyle")

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
giphy.gif

looks like gibbs AOTY remains safe for another week.

:whew:

It ain’t in no danger unless Push drop something :wow:

Gibbs :blessed:

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
You know people hated "where y'all at" when it was the supposed street single for hhid right?
They should cut their ears off cuz that song is the epitome of classic Nas Escobar

This is also on the tape from the Untitled sessions and leaked in 2011...it's decent. Better than that Backyardigans and Kanye My World track. :yeshrug:

Who Are You is excellent

This Jarreau shyt is goofy as fukk tho. Let’s all be honest if this was on Lost Tapes 1 you’d be pissed

I’m just upset that he sorta tarnished his own project like this. There wasn’t a single weak song on The Lost Tapes. There wasn’t even an “ehh” joint, 12 songs of straight fire

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The song isn't as bad as the section in the Instagram clip makes it sound. I respect what Nas is trying to do. Maybe it would be cool if he created a different alter ego for the more experimental stuff?

Even if he put stuff out as "Nasir Jones", it would be nice to let us know if we should be expecting something artsy.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I just want to hear the convo that resulted in a professional label and a rapper's team deciding this was the best song to use as a first single. I want to hear someone argue this was the best songs to preview the album, turn the page from Nasir, hype the tour, etc.
:mjlol:

It's not terrible but brehs. How is your first release from LT2 worse than every song on LT1, by a wide margin. Your album is full of big producers but you drop the single with...Eddie Cole, at midnight. I just don't get it.
:picard:

Album has to be better. That's all I'm focused on at this point...
Maybe they knew this one was bad and just wanted to get it out of the way:huhldup:

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
The song ain't half bad, but I think it was a mistake to even release a single when your album is nothing but unreleased material anyways.:yeshrug: Could had went with another song to further build anticipation

Should had just moved up the date a week early ant just dropped the whole album.

FrankieLymon757

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yea finally listened...smh he shot himself in the foot wit this...I hope they remove it when it officially drops next week..this is Black Girl Lost pt 2 bad...