Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

MoneyBags

Dapper Don Don Boss of Bosses Chief of Chiefs
Daps
Reppin
East Side!
The thing that makes it so bad is he has a track like Livin It that could easily replace this weird shyt. I already hate Who Are You, and looking at all those Swizz tracks and what appears to be R&B features...this shyt looking shaky. What made the first so dope is that it was literally no features and no bullshyt. He totally strayed away from that on this one. I know Nas likes to go against the grain and always evolves, but sometimes it's good to stick to what worked and what made fans love the music in the first place.

Ok, listening again, he flowed and was spitting his ass off. It's not as bad as I thought it would be from the snippet. Still would rather have Livin It over this, but I can admit I jumped the gun from the snippet.

Last edited:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I won't call it trash cause it's a different vibe, experimental. I can see why it didn't land on an album. If this is the Who Killed It of this project, I ain't mad. Don't know why he chose to lead with this though

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
The track is good. The issue with it is that it was the first single. If you just stumbled upon it while listening to it in the context of the album I think the reaction would be a bit different. It’s not a bad track at all. It’s def the “who killed it” of the tape and I fukk with that song, but I know if that was the first single off HHID the reaction would be similar.

Nas is flowing all over this shyt....riding that melody effortlessly. Just a flexing joint. It’s cool.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
the Cacs responding dont like Jazz that all just like Kendricks shyt. Some white person just compared this to the central park 5. Thats crazy but nobody says nothing. Ziggiy breakdown why he loves the track and gets called crazy. Interesting
Man y'all need to stop thinking just cause nikkas don't fw with some corny jazz track that they are "Cacs" no nikka it's just bad. Simple as that

Not everyone is gonna accept BS just cause it has Jazz in it. Nor is someone obligated to validate their blackness to like anything jazz related or influenced by it

Last edited: