Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I just want to hear the convo that resulted in a professional label and a rapper's team deciding this was the best song to use as a first single. I want to hear someone argue this was the best songs to preview the album, turn the page from Nasir, hype the tour, etc.
:mjlol:

It's not terrible but brehs. How is your first release from LT2 worse than every song on LT1, by a wide margin. Your album is full of big producers but you drop the single with...Eddie Cole, at midnight. I just don't get it.
:picard:

Album has to be better. That's all I'm focused on at this point...

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Man y'all need to stop thinking just cause nikkas don't fw with some corny jazz track that they are "Cacs" no nikka it's just bad. Simple as that

Not everyone is gonna accept BS just cause it has Jazz in it. Nor is someone obligated to validate their blackness to like anything jazz related or influenced

Fam this all your opinion and i dont give a fukk about it.. you should do the same for mine :yeshrug:

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The track is good. The issue with it is that it was the first single. If you just stumbled upon it while listening to it in the context of the album I think the reaction would be a bit different. It’s not a bad track at all. It’s def the “who killed it” of the tape and I fukk with that song, but I know if that was the first single off HHID the reaction would be similar.

Nas is flowing all over this shyt....riding that melody effortlessly. Just a flexing joint. It’s cool.

I can dig it. Plus it didn't help having that fire ass static snippet in the promo...the overreaction to one gotdamn record is mental illness imo

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just want to hear the convo that resulted in a professional label and a rapper's team deciding this was the best song to use as a first single. I want to hear someone argue this was the best songs to preview the album, turn the page from Nasir, hype the tour, etc.

It's not terrible but brehs. How is your first release from LT2 worse than every song on LT1, by a wide margin. Your album is full of big producers but you drop the single with...Eddie Cole, at midnight. I just don't get it.

I'm telling u with success of Old Town Road Nas and his team
was off some lets capitalize off this cross genre success. We
got something too lol that's the only logical thing I could come up
with.

Sinister

Banned
Daps
The track is good. The issue with it is that it was the first single. If you just stumbled upon it while listening to it in the context of the album I think the reaction would be a bit different. It’s not a bad track at all. It’s def the “who killed it” of the tape and I fukk with that song, but I know if that was the first single off HHID the reaction would be similar.

Nas is flowing all over this shyt....riding that melody effortlessly. Just a flexing joint. It’s cool.
You know people hated "where y'all at" when it was the supposed street single for hhid right?

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
oh it's that 90's young thug interpretation of real rap, only for the heads heads, i feel you nas !!!

actually nah, not at all

guess ill just buy his old albums

I mean this is an album of his old cuts

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN

I wanted to be there in the room when that convo happened

TO STOP IT:bryan: